ISACA Exam Results December 2014

Comments

• Options
    girishmehtasonugirishmehtasonu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISM 678 top 5%

CRISC or CGEIT in June..!!
  • Options
    ITSecurity1ITSecurity1 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All, This was the third and final time for me taking the CISM exam. I FINALLY PASSED!!! My score was decent and interestingly enough my score increased each time I took the test, I guess three times really is a charm. Honestly I can't tell you in my study methods what I changed each time, other than I may have memorized more of the material than the previous two times and basically after taking the test 3 times, I pretty much studied for the test the entire year of 2014. So I must say this is a great New Years present, and I can finally take that monkey off. Thanks to those who encouraged me to give it another try because after the second time, I was pretty much ready to through in the towel and say hey this may not be for me. In terms of how I studied, I took a CISM Class from New Horizons learning center, took Krags Class, bought the 200 question database. I have never been a great test taker, so I can't really give any "must do's" to pass the test. However if you are not a very good test taker like me, I will say you must "OVER STUDY" then, in my opinion there isn't a way to study enough just to pass, unless you just know the material and you are good in general of comprehension of material.

I would also add...knowing what I know now, I would of done this and this maybe extreme:
    1. Take Krags Class
    2. Memorize as best I could the CISM book
    3. Memorize all the definition as best I could
    4. Do 50 questions a week (4 weeks 200 questions) leading up to the exam. DO NOT memorize the questions!!!!!

As we all learn different, for me I ended up almost writing the entire book out by hand. This is extreme, but for me writing it out helped me visualize the pages in the book which helped me in getting to the right answer and or process of elimination.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    this thread has had at least 7-8k hits today. Was at 27k when I checked this morning.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    sammenacesammenace Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed my CISA exam! I knew I killed it in Domain 4 and 5 but all the other domains i wasn't too sure. I took a SANS GSEC class last month which helped out in Domain 4 and 5. Next up GSEC and CISSP.
  • Options
    accoladeaccolade Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For some reason, I can't get my results letter but my certification status says passed... CISM.

I'd like to thank you guys for being a continual channel of support and notification about the exam, I will be definitely contributing back into this forum through the CISA, CISSP and CRISC.
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats all............
    Asia Time GMT +8 6 AM now still waiting . CRISC
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all those who passed, I know from experience how awful the waiting can be!
  • Options
    slannaslanna Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, I've been reading this thread over the past several days and the conversation has been awesome. Congratulations t all who passed, its just an awesome feeling and all who passed should feel proud! I am very sorry to hear about those who did not and I hope you'll stay strong and get back to studying. I passed at 478 and give the level difficulty of the exam, I cannot believe I got such "high" scored on my first attempt.

Would ay of you happen to know the CISM failure rate on first attempts?
  • Options
    sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I guess no word on CGEIT or CRISC results yet?
  • Options
    Congrats everyone on the pass!
  • Options
    max9onmax9on Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ITSecurity1 Congrats! This is my second time and I still did not passed. I'm looking to take it a third time. ITSecurity1, could you please contact me at nat9flo@gmail.com - Thanks
  • Options
    Hello All, This was the third and final time for me taking the CISM exam. I FINALLY PASSED!!! My score was decent and interestingly enough my score increased each time I took the test, I guess three times really is a charm. Honestly I can't tell you in my study methods what I changed each time, other than I may have memorized more of the material than the previous two times and basically after taking the test 3 times, I pretty much studied for the test the entire year of 2014. So I must say this is a great New Years present, and I can finally take that monkey off. Thanks to those who encouraged me to give it another try because after the second time, I was pretty much ready to through in the towel and say hey this may not be for me. In terms of how I studied, I took a CISM Class from New Horizons learning center, took Krags Class, bought the 200 question database. I have never been a great test taker, so I can't really give any "must do's" to pass the test. However if you are not a very good test taker like me, I will say you must "OVER STUDY" then, in my opinion there isn't a way to study enough just to pass, unless you just know the material and you are good in general of comprehension of material.

ITSecurity1, could you please contact me at nat9flo@gmail.com - Thanks
  • Options
    Anyone of you took the Krags Class for CISM? How helpful was it?
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sr2000 wrote: »
    I guess no word on CGEIT or CRISC results yet?

Email say 5 weeks but Facebook announce say congrats CISA SISM..... looks like it wont be today..
  • Options
    accoladeaccolade Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In reply to max9on:

I did CBTNuggest for the CISM and took 60-80 practice questions a day for two weeks leading up to the exam. I don't recommend this for anyone. There are definitely a lot of intricacies of the certification that you need to know that neither cover and I relied solely on my experience to cover.

I think my biggest problem was trying to disconnect myself from the ideals of the industry that I work in and apply the CISM practices to a broader scope.
  • Options
    ITSecurity1ITSecurity1 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Max9on...sure, not problem.
  • Options
    ebshibebshib Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to everyone who passed this time!!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wooooow.... CISSP, CISA and CISM in a few months... 2014 was great.
  • Options
    MythioMythio Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISA icon_cheers.gif 631 score. it says top 5%, always good to show the boss man
  • Options
    EasyPeezy- That's not bad to attain all these certs in few months. Congrats!
  • Options
    TunYau- Right, the email said 5 weeks but I believe ISACA is focused on CISA CISM results first so we (CGEIT/CRISC) have to wait a bit more.
  • Options
    WSTSecurityWSTSecurity Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the CISM. My first try and my first cert. Very happy! Took a course at ITT; purchased the ISACA study manuals and after all that studying still thought I wasn't prepared. I learned that the biggest challenge is understanding the language, i.e., what exactly are they looking for. I feel regardless of the fact that I passed I learned alot!

Congrats to all that passed as well as to those that tried. Any suggestions for the best cert that is more technical based? That's my next challenge.
  • Options
    omercheema619@gmail.comomercheema619@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    passed in first attempt ! 546 top 20%!!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats everybody.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    I feel the CGEIT / CRISC results will be announced by Friday Jan 23rd. More wait...
  • Options
    shiprabansalshiprabansal Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    john.m.jones123john.m.jones123 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISM 565... :D I had the 2014 review manual, the questions/answers database and started reading the manual and working 50 or so questions a day, couldn't make it through the first chapter in the review manual so switched to the FedVTE CISM course and the questions... a week out, took off the week and reviewed the entire FedVTE and tried to read the manual again, no luck, and worked through the entire questions and answers a couple of times... Came out not feeling very good about the test, but made it! Plan on taking the CISA next but will not spend money on the review manual again, will look elsewhere for study material, will probably use FedVTE again...
    MSIT | PMP | CISSP | CISM | CISA | CDPSE | CAPM | ITIL | CEH | CCNA CyberOps | Sec+ | Net+ | A+ | MCTS | MCP | MS 365 Desktop
    2020 Goals: CRISC
  • Options
    DolphDolph Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with 585 (top 20%). Delighted as this was my first certification attempt and I'm relatively non technical! I was lucky enough to attend a 4 day IT Governance CISM course in London run by Sean Hanna a month before the exam and would highly recommend that. I didn't really use the Review or Q&A books as I had course notes to work from, but did hammer the Q&A database (also highly recommended). I managed about 3,500 questions in the 4 weeks prior to the exam, while I was undoubtedly remembering some answers, there are enough unique questions (900ish) that I was also remembering the concepts, key words/phrases and the style of questions asked.

My tips - think as a business person / organisational leader first not an InfoSec / Tech person. Everything comes down to money (profit, revenue, cost and how these are justifed or enhanced). Use common sense and think of the questions in a 'real world' non technical sense (particularly for incident response) if you don't understand them well. Trust your gut instinct everytime!
  • Options
    rx8blu1973rx8blu1973 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This was an awesome feeling! Passed with 540! Just retired from military, and wrangled vouchers from them for CISSP, and CISM....I had one shot at both, else paying for the exams out of pocket...and passed both!...2015 is looking great so far!...Congrats to all!...icon_thumright.gif