200-101 ICND2 passed

CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I failed this a month ago with

lan - 73%
ip routing - 87
Ip services - 67
troubleshoot - 71
WAN - 63%

Today I passed and everything was the same except I got 100 for WAN tech as I made a point to go over frame relay.

I have a good knowledge of RSTP and IP routing but man , anyone who gets this cert I have respect for them. The question were so freaking hard its unbelievable. I think Cisco does a good job of testing you on your knowledge.

Onto security now as CCNp is changing so I will put that on hold. Maybe ill try some RHCE, not sure.

Comments

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats! New CCNP books are out now :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    Congrats! New CCNP books are out now :)

ohhh links?
  • tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz bud!! Good luck on your future studies
    so with my CCNA i got the OCG and after 1 chapter that was it. What a boring piece of material.
    Then I got the Todd one and wow , really good.

Im nervous of getting into CCNp as the books arent as good as Todds was in CCNA.

Any thoughts?
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! The exams were hard and the time crunch of the clock ticking away does not help at all.

Good Luck with whichever Cert you take on next.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on becoming CCNA certified :D best of luck on the CCNP
  • BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I have the new books on order. They do not ship until the end of the month. CCNP Routing and Switching v2.0 Official Cert Guide Library They have a discount if you are interested.
  • prakashsinghprakashsingh Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I am planning to go for CCNA, So can you share some info/material/****/links ?

Regards.
    Hey,

I am planning to go for CCNA, So can you share some info/material/****/links ?

Regards.

Ran through all the CBT nuggets videos and then after failing I decided to go through some INE of CCNP switch to get my Lan tech down. I also used boson software for some practise exams but didnt really help me after using them once.

One thing I highly recommend is Todd Lammle's book - highly entertaining and easy to grasp the material.

I do not currently work with Cisco hardware at work so I used GNS3 and built LABS for everything and went through it.

If you go through the book I mentioned and do the hands on labs then you should be fine.

Edit: One thing I forgot is exam walkthrough CBT nuggets, watched that series atleast 5 times.
    Bryando wrote: »
    Congrats! I have the new books on order. They do not ship until the end of the month. CCNP Routing and Switching v2.0 Official Cert Guide Library They have a discount if you are interested.

WOW - 2000 pages and all three exams mashed into one book.

I am not sure I want to do this. Rather prefer a 500 page book on one exam.

EDIT: Ordered it. Have to go for CCNP while im still fresh.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    In Progress:
    WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck on the CCNP!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63