Options

Poland - Salary Expectations

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

As the title indicates, could anyone tell me the salary expectation for a "IT Risk Professional", working in Poland. I was contacted by a potential employer there and I don't know anything about Poland yet. If anyone could summarize the working environment and the financials, that would be great.

Regards
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• Options
    LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its a bit difficult to say really, europe has a very broad range of pay, also depending on experience and ability to speak the local language. Im not sure where you are coming from, but in germany you would most likely be looking at a range of 40-60k a year, depending on your credentials of course.

Keep in mind that the last 20 years have been rough on Poland, and they have only been really started to see the benefit of the eu in the last 6-7 years. Alot of manufacturing jobs have been outsourced from Germany there, mainly because of the cheaper workforce.

Be prepared to get low-balled, ive received offers from czech for 15-20k a year as a network engineer, and they wouldnt go higher. Good luck and let us know how it goes...
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I don't have anything to contribute but was wondering how you arrived in the situation? You said you were contacted by them...did you apply/post your resume to certain website(s)?

People on here inquire about Australia, England, Germany...haven't seen Poland yet!
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    I don't have anything to contribute but was wondering how you arrived in the situation? You said you were contacted by them...did you apply/post your resume to certain website(s)?

People on here inquire about Australia, England, Germany...haven't seen Poland yet!

Yeah. I applied for an opening for "IT Security & Risk Analyst", based in Krakow, Poland. I wasn't sure what to expect, when we talk about living expense and taxes. Just a quick search and I learned that about 11k - 20k PZL was being offered there and the taxes aren't that high for expats. Any information on that?
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    fcp4lifefcp4life Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know what the expectations are around in Portugal in fluent and a dual citizen, and I know Portugal has had some rough times the last few years...