Passed -CISSP- First time

tchokitchoki Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the exam a few hours ago . I studied for about three months . 4 to 6 hrs per day and really picking the space in the last three weeks . I used the Sybex 6th edition, Conrad's 11th hour CISSP and the ISC2 seminar student handbook version 12 and presentation guide and ISC2 seminar handbook version 8 . Also listened to Shon Harris' mp3s. Very good. I skipped through the Sunflower pdf and realized I knew most of the material and set it aside . Read Conrad's book twice in the last 5 days cover to cover . Did it help . I don't know . What I can see is the ISC2 student handbook was crucial to my success.It has a laser focus on the exam . I used paid CCure quizzes, McGraw Hill, Total Tester and Transcender . Transcender questions on the technical aspect was very good. Note , no quizzes have the questions you will see on the exam . You have to know the concepts. There were some questions , I was really impressed with how they are testing your knowledge of the concept . BCP/DRP . Know it well. Very well.

The exam was pretty easy to me . I took my fist break at about 105 questions and at the 250 question to use the bathroom. I marked about 10 questions for review. Went through them and might have changed one of my selected answers. I did a second passthrough and changed about 2 answers. I was done in 2.5 hrs. I knew I had nailed it . Not very technical but heavy managerial . Know Info Sec governance very well and you will make it. On the non technical questions , look at it from a business perspective . Does the business drive IT or IT drives the business. Answer this , you are on your way .

Been in IT for 20 years , mostly doing networking and net sec . The good old days of Netware 3.12 . Whoa . time to get a drink. Merry Christmas , folks .

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif After such a committed regimen for so many months, it must either be odd not having to do continue it today or a huge relief off your back.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • tchokitchoki Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doyen,

Yes , it is a much relieve. Now I can enjoy my Christmas. Glad it is behind him .
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, your study plan over the past few months paid off with how easy it sounds the experience was for you.

Congrats and enjoy your Christmas!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your test experience!
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, and welcome to the club :D