Been Accepted into WGU: IT-Security Degree

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
I start on Feb 1st. my transcript finally transferred in from my last two colleges and I speak with my mentor next week.

Now to finish reading the last 150 pages tomorrow in my VCP510 book, riding shotgun in the Tahoe to Washington, DC so I have about 6+ hours of reading time. Retaking the exam next Thursday. :)

I figured since my next step is Cisco after VCP that I mind as well just enroll in WGU and get the perks of the degree for testing and vouchers.

Looking forward to starting the degree, heard many positive things about them.

Comments

• anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good deal man. You should like it as it's all self-paced, like you've been doing with your certifications. Good luck.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, dude! I'm in the same program as well. Some of the IT specific classes should be somewhat redundant for you (Such as the Microsoft stuff), and the web design stuff is pretty simple. Good luck!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    You will like WGU!! I'm should be finished by the end of February in Network Administration. Your current certs should knock out a lot of the classes. After I finish I will probably enroll in the MSISA from them as well.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security