Options

Resume Review

nickynilsonnickynilson Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I finished writing my CV, and looking for someone who can review it and just let me know if there are any sections that need to edited or updated with more information. I am still worried about the layout. So, what do you think ?Thank you so much
Link for the CV: View

Comments

• Options
    AbbhyAbbhy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey nickynilson,
    Have you posted your CV?Can i take a look at it?I'm not a professional.I'm a student.I want to know how to tailor a CV.Can i?
  • Options
    nickynilsonnickynilson Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just added it check now
  • Options
    AbbhyAbbhy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I saw it. Wow! Good Luck.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The formatting isn't bad, however I find the excessive use of blue bars to be a little distracting.

With your limited work experience, there's absolutely no reason why this resume shouldn't be a single page in length. Once you get some more experience under your belt, you can extend it to two pages, but for now stick to one page. This will require you to club and/or remove some sections. Some of these sections can easily be deleted. More on this later.

Some of the margins and alignments are off. This should definitely be corrected.

The Objective section should be replaced with a competent professional summary. Objective sections are redundant and serve little purpose. I will link you to a document regarding how to write a professional summary. Google is also a good resource on this.

I would recommend moving the Certifications section underneath the Education section.

Regarding the Skills section, instead of listing a bunch of software, technologies, and protocols, and I would rather you SHOW ME HOW you are proficient in these skills, especially in a business/enterprise environment. Ideally I would recommend that you incorporate the info in the technical skills section into your professional experience, and then drop the skills section altogether. This will also help to reduce the length of this resume, which I highly recommend you do.

Within the job experience section, each job description should begin with a high-level overview of your daily duties and responsibilities, and then use bullets to highlight special achievements, projects, promotions, etc. Don't rely solely on bullets like this. I will link you to a resume that's a great example on how to format and write this properly. I would recommend expanding on your experience as much as possible.

Your Skills section uses round bullets, but your Experience section uses dashes as bullets. This is a formatting inconsistency that needs to be corrected.

The Achievements section should be integrated into your Education section somehow, or deleted altogether. Same thing with the Projects section. Integrate or delete. (I recommend deleting)

I advise you to delete the Activities section. I don't see this helping you to land an IT job in any capacity, which is the purpose of your resume after all.

The Languages section can be kept as is, or you can mention the fact that you are bilingual in your Professional Summary and then delete this section.

Again, I highly recommend that you get this resume down to a single page.

This is an excellent resume guide with example resumes, a huge list of action verbs, sample summaries, etc:

http://www.filedropper.com/resumeguide

This thread contains a fantastic example of a properly formatted and written resume (ptilsen's resume):

Resume time
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)