Options

New year, new job: Cisco Meraki

tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all, just wanted to share that I recently landed my first job out of college at Cisco Meraki in SF!!! I'm loving Meraki's products portfolio, environment, and the benefits/perks from what I've learned thus far from the exhaustive interview process I had to go through. I'll be joining in as a Network Support Engineer in January and I'm super excited to start this new chapter of my life... I don't have any real-world experience in a Network Support role (I mean any real-world experience at all other than 2yrs in help desk at my university) and was wondering what you guys think I should be doing to best prepare to start this position and kick ass?!

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Niceeeee... I visited their corporate office a couple of months ago. That corporate office is pretty sweet. You can't beat that view. I hope you enjoy all the free catered lunch.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lucky you... I'd kill (literally) to be given an opportunity like that.

Currently have a application pending with a UK service provider so i'll see where that goes..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I was contacted by one of their HR people via LinkedIn a while ago but unfortunately relocating is a deal breaker..I'd love to move out there. Best of luck!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Sounds like your set for a great career, now make the most of it!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I have a few friends that work there and and they said you'll definitely learn a lot working there. Just be weary of burning out. Chances are that since you made it through their interview process you'll be just fine.. Good luck!
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Tas299Tas299 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help with Meraki. I had my phone interview and waiting to hear back if it will progress to face to face interview. I looked at tuleeoh comments who has no work experience and I got some more hope. I have lots of tech support background but 2 years as junior network engineer. I know my layer 2 and wireless but I'm a junior and I guess cisco is cisco means they may expect you don't know everything but want you to be sharp/think on your toes and think some solution with only the information they give you and what you already know. I do have examples from work experience but im sure there are more experienced candiates out there.

I'm really keen in working for them and motivation/thirst to learn is a given and is flowing unlimited but I don't know what to do and where to focus my preparation. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Best of luck icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I will be working with Meraki products soon, looking forward to it
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark