Options

What Apps do you use at work?

PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was looking through the apps on my phone and started to wonder why I don't have more networking apps on my phone and why I don't use them more often.

I found and installed ICMPing, HE network tools, and PingTools last week. PingTools looks like it's going to be really useful.

Currently I have:
ConnectBot
Fing - Network Tools
ICMPing
HE - Network Tools
PingTools
ookla Speedtest
farproc Wifi Analyzer

What apps do you use at work? (and I don't mean Angry Birds icon_wink.gif )
A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
A+, Network+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I work in a secure area so I don't get to use my phone for work. However, in the past I've used:

IP Network Scanner
    2X RDP Client
    LogMeIn (Rescue)
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel like RDP would be a little difficult to use on a phone. Did you use it often?
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    You are right, it was a PiTA, I downloaded it once for a client to show him that he could RDP from his phone to his computer and never used it after that. I did use LogMeIn to remotely manage public facing kiosks that had been set up without a kvm (basically an xi3 modular computer + touch screen).
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    WIFI analyzer. Its kinda sorta accurate and gives you a quick breakdown of WIFI AP's encryption types, frequency, operating channels channel optimization. Also gives you a nice visual of channel overflow on frequency bleed.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wifi-Analyzer is the only notable app I've used to help with WIFI AP Deployment
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    xnx wrote: »
    Wifi-Analyzer is the only notable app I've used to help with WIFI AP Deployment
    It is def worth a free download ;)
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Priston wrote: »
    I feel like RDP would be a little difficult to use on a phone. Did you use it often?

The Microsoft one is just about usable on my S4.