Options

mcdst and office

ebkrantzebkrantz Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
What version of office is on the mcdst test?

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    2003 it was the first test to specifically target it until 70-29x exams came out
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    TheShadow is right, version 2003 icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    MCDST is based on XP, not 2003. The objectives do not mention 2003 anywhere.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.asp
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Interesting, I took the original beta, maybe there were ringers or I am just getting old and senile. I do remember a mixture of XP and 2003 as in that extreme wordiness about what type of server you were hooked to, and what version of Office. There is no desktop 2003 OS but there was certainly a Office 2003 so it would have to be a mixture. But then I took several betas which goes back to old and senile.
  • Options
    I also took the beta exams, and one final version, and don't remember any 2003 questions. They may have, but not on mine.
  • Options
    Ricka182 You understand we are not talking about the version of Windows but the Version of Office as in Word, Excel, etc. right? Microsoft has always acted like old versions of office never existed once a new version comes out. We are getting ready for an even newer version of Office so I doubt that they would still test on Office XP.
  • Options
    Yes, I understand. I did not receive any material on 2003, it was solely XP.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just thought I would weigh in on this. I took the exams back in Dec'04 and Feb '05 and both exams had Office XP on them. I don't know if they changed it since then, but I just thought I would mention it.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took these exams in December and I can't say I remember there being anything that was exclusive to XP or 2003. Most of the material I remember was pretty applicable to both versions.