Options

CCNP Complete

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi All,

Finally past the CCNP TShot exam today with a 931 and I'm now CCNP certified! :) as many have said on the forums the exam is actually quite fun (did have a bug I'm sure with one of my tickets but never mind a pass is a pass).

My materials I used for the TShoot mainly consisted of GNS3, some Packet Tracer, my home lab and how to master CCNP TShoot by Rene Molenaar (great book for the TShoot) ... oh and of course all my notes from the Route & Switch.

Good luck to all before the deadline and thanks for all the help from guys on the forums. Time for a rest before I decide my next path!
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome man! Congrats!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's great news! Congrats on the pass! What's next on the radar?
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. :)
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When did you graduate and have you broke into a networking job yet??
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    That's great news! Congrats on the pass! What's next on the radar?

Cheers man, any closer to taking your TShoot? And not sure yet, think I'm gonna try to find some books on MPLS to delve deeper into that as the CCNP doesn't cover this at all and this is something I want to learn more on!
  • Options
    xnx wrote: »
    When did you graduate and have you broke into a networking job yet??

Graduated Uni in 2013. Joined a company doing more Helpdesk work working with Cisco IP telephony Unity, CCM etc. Worked with access layer switches etc as I have the knowledge. Looking to move on now I have the CCNP. I did find it difficult getting into IT as I had no previous experience and don't think CCNA is enough these days to get your foot in the door (in the UK anyway).
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I Work as a IT technician doing some L2/L3 Work but mainly Server Admin and WDS deployments.

I live in a small town and my closest tech / networking jobs city is Manchester which would be a 100+ mile round trip everyday.. There's quite a few graduate network engineering jobs done south in comparison

I'm going to get my CCNP by March hopefully, switch should be a walk in the park (hopefully..).
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, awesome achievement.
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats mate icon_thumright.gif Extra points as you're from London :)
  • Options
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Congrats mate icon_thumright.gif Extra points as you're from London :)

Cheers man! And thanks for the kind words guys :)
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Cheers man, any closer to taking your TShoot? And not sure yet, think I'm gonna try to find some books on MPLS to delve deeper into that as the CCNP doesn't cover this at all and this is something I want to learn more on!

I will be sitting the T-Shoot on Thursday morning 1/8/15. I actually started back on the CCNA Security and then will be doing the 642-648 CCNP Security VPN track along with it. Both courses reflect my exact job duties at work and looks like its going to be a blast playing with GNS3 with the ASA's
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Good luck mate, look forward to hearing your certified :)

The CCNA Sec sounds awesome and an option for me. I think I'm gonna take some time out do some side reading on things like MPLS which weren't covered in the CCNP and maybe grab a copy of the TCP/IP volume book that CCIE pursuers seem to rate.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats! I remember seeing one of your posts when you just recently got your CCNA R&S! Great job!

Did you end up getting into a junior networking job?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »
    Congrats! I remember seeing one of your posts when you just recently got your CCNA R&S! Great job!

Did you end up getting into a junior networking job?

Cheers man, correct! Was a while ago now :) .. I did indeed mate. Although looking for a move now want to use this CCNP!
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCNP! :)

Cheers!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you!
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    techno-kidtechno-kid Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! What's Next??