Advise: New ICND2 exam

bhekinbhekin Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Please advise. I wrote my ICND1 back in 2012 before the exam was revised.

Now i'm planning to write the new ICND2. Will this be allowed by Cisco? or do i need to write the new ICND1 first.

Comments

• Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Pretty sure you need to give the new ICND1 exam and then follow it up with ICND2 if you want to be recognized as CCNA. Or just go over the new ICND2 material, see what has changed for ICND1 and give one CCNA exam.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Back when the new exams came out, they allowed you to mix and match. That said, there is likely some kind of deadline to pass both exams, which may or may not have lapsed.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats an interesting question. You would think that if u have ur CCENT you should be able to take the ICND2 just as if you had your CCNA from the old test and wanted to take CCNP in the new test. I would contact cisco or maybe your testing center to find out.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I thought the CCENT expired in 3 years just like the other Cisco exams? Seems to be a raw deal if you take it then they change the ICND2 exam and all of a sudden you have to take it again.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    I thought the CCENT expired in 3 years just like the other Cisco exams? Seems to be a raw deal if you take it then they change the ICND2 exam and all of a sudden you have to take it again.

I didn't think about that (CCENT being a prerequisite for CCNA vs. ICND1 + ICND2 = CCNA). CCENT is the prerequisite for CCNA level tests now, so I would think a valid CCENT should be sufficient to take ICND2.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bhekinbhekin Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

I contacted Cisco, I do qualify to write the new ICND2 and have already booked the exam.

Thanks