Study schedule look ok?

wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
So next weekend I finally start on CCNP, I've bought all 3 OCG books and will be starting on Route first. I'm planning on reading the OCG, with CBT nuggets. Once I finish, then I'll move on to Udemy's Chris Bryant videos along with GNS3vault labs. Is this what most would do? I was thinking giving myself 5 months for route and switch each then 2 months for tshoot so a year in total.

Comments

• bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    So next weekend I finally start on CCNP, I've bought all 3 OCG books and will be starting on Route first. I'm planning on reading the OCG, with CBT nuggets. Once I finish, then I'll move on to Udemy's Chris Bryant videos along with GNS3vault labs. Is this what most would do? I was thinking giving myself 5 months for route and switch each then 2 months for tshoot so a year in total.

Sounds like a good schedule, I did pretty much the same for Route. Have you looked at the CCNP Route Simplified? I used this for the 642-902 but will probably be pretty useful for the new syllabus. Chris Bryant's guide and video series is excellent! Will cover everything the CBT nuggets don't.

I would also get GNS3 and Packet Tracer installed and maybe even look into a home lab - looks like a good start though.

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cheers, I didn't get simplified just because I wasnt sure about the new exams but seen they are very cheap ebooks so might purchase. Ive got some lab stuff left over from CCNA but will probably go for GNS3 and maybe connect it to my hardware.
  • _Gonzalo__Gonzalo_ Member Posts: 113
    I´m not convinced... Reading for months is ok, but I believe that practice is a must. Not just for the sake of learning, but also for fun! I did a CCNP course that lasted 10 weeks. I went to class 5 hours per day, 5 days per week. But when I was home, I couldn´t get my hands off GNS3/ Packet Tracert (last student version) to practice what I had learned. It worked very well for me.
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The books are good for theory however sitting in front of packet tracer or GNS3 is the best route. Once your comfortable with the theory for each exam go for it. A few months for ROUTE and TSHOOT seems right however TSHOOT could be done in a month or less.

The new exams look like they have a lot of cool new topics. VSS, Stacking, DMVPN
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    I would assume he is planning on labs guys...