CCENT Exam in 1 Day. Lets do it.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking my CCENT exam for the 2nd time tomorrow on 1/5/2015. I almost passed the last time with an 801. I have focused on my weak areas and have been reviewing everything from the CCNA in 60 days book along with Boson and Transcender practice exams along with live equipment and Packet Tracer. Lucky for me it is at 6pm at night so I get all day to sleep and rest :D (usually do better with afternoon exams just do) Just taking it easy today with a practice exam or 2 to prep and resting. Hopefully things work out better then the last time. I have been scoring about an average of 70 points better on practice exams and I really would like to have this before I start my final semester of college so I can work on ICND2 and Server+, knock these out and have my year's goals completed. Hope everything works out.

Comments

• Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Masta! Be sure to come back and let us know how you go. I'm looking to sit my CCENT within the next 2 months.. any topics you would recommend I know 101% going into the exam? (besides subnetting icon_wink.gif).
    Currently Reading :study:
    100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA in 60 Days
    CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OSPF IS BIG! You need to be able to combine all of your knowledge into one question. Example a question may involve subnetting, ospf, and more. I recommend Paul Browning CCNA in 60 days if you have the money. Great guide and covers what you need to know. Ex: combine motd banners mixed with vty lines and figure out what is wrong with the configuration(if you catch my drift). Know your show commands and verification commands. My best approach is when in doubt use show run. Purchase Boson exams as they are on point for accuracy and exam similarity. Get some hands on experience to practice some of the key commands. ACLs are big also (didn't encounter any on my last attempt but it doesn't mean I won't this time) I f you follow his guide in 30 days you will see results. Although I didn't pass the first time, I did miss 3 days from the book which made a difference. I have been going over this material while off break from school so hope it works.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck on the exam tomorrow. Don't try to cram to much you already know this stuff.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    very best of luck, let us know how it goes

Carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Doing some final prep for the exam. Not cramming just a light review. Hope everything works out. I need to pass this exam.
    Thanks guys. I hope everything works out. I am just doing a light review now. Nothing to heavy. I really need to pass this time.
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how's the exam ? any advise ?
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know this will be a worthwhile experience to you, regardless of if you pass or not. I am hoping you will do well!
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Thanks everyone for the support. It's coming down to the wire. Just 2 hours away. Whatever happens, I gave it my all and keep calm and carry on. Came close last time, just hope I get it this time.
    Well I don't know how the **** this is possible same score 801 and almost the same questions. Some if not most were a repeat from the last time I took it. I'm investigating this. Has this happened to anyone before. I'm not pissed or upset. I don't know how to feel other than confused as ****!
    With that said, I am selling my remaining Cisco vouchers. I have 6 available and selling them for $110 a piece. PM me if interested. PayPal only. All vouchers expire on October 2015.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you are reading to far into the same score same questions. It could be as simple as you answered what you though was right both times. Then the same score on the same questions actually makes a lot of sense. While taking the exam the second time did you see how you had answered some of them wrong the first time and understood why the answers were correct the second time. If not then I think you score is prefect.

By all means feel free to continue your investigation and throw away your vouchers. Just know that it's a rash decision that you should make when you have cleared your head and realized the vast conspiracy was actually just a common coincidence.

Your so close there is not question you will be able to pass it at some point. I suggest picking up an additional reference. Sometime one author explains certain things better then another.

Good Luck man I'm on your side!
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I think you are reading to far into the same score same questions. It could be as simple as you answered what you though was right both times. Then the same score on the same questions actually makes a lot of sense. While taking the exam the second time did you see how you had answered some of them wrong the first time and understood why the answers were correct the second time. If not then I think you score is prefect.

By all means feel free to continue your investigation and throw away your vouchers. Just know that it's a rash decision that you should make when you have cleared your head and realized the vast conspiracy was actually just a common coincidence.

Your so close there is not question you will be able to pass it at some point. I suggest picking up an additional reference. Sometime one author explains certain things better then another.

Good Luck man I'm on your side!

Thanks Jon_Cisco and Codeman6669. It's just frustrating knowing that I have put a lot of time in, sacrificed a lot, and still have the same results. Now that I look back at my 2 exam attempts, I did have around 2 questions that I think I messed up on. Can't explain exactly what they were (NDA) but it was something like what does a router do with a packet when it receives it and there were six choices. I was stuck between 3 answer choices and I had to choose 2. There was another questions that was find the number of collision domains. (I think I got it right but im not sure). And then there was one question that dealt with interVLAN routing (at least I think it involved it as it was an answer choice that made sense). Anyways. I agree with you. Most of my questions were the same but not everything. I would say around 50% was the same at least. Some drag and drops that I got right and 2 sims. I almost ran out of time towards the end of the exam had about 30secs left (barely made it). I'm going to hit up a different resource for the exam (Todd Lammle CCENT book and Chris Bryant's videos) and go from there. It just sucks to have defeat 2 times in a row with the same score. I couldn't feel mad or happy when I left the testing center. It just felt like another experience/attempt for the exam. I'm just going to take my time, finish my classes this semester, and knock it out by the time I graduate. I'm going to take a small break from Cisco, hit up my Server+ for a confidence booster, and hit it up again.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You're so close. Did the percentages on your print out look about the same?
    Almost yes. Some areas such as Operations of IP Data Networks went down by 32%. How that happened I don't know when I got 100% on my first attempt correct. Some went up from the last time and some went down a little but most stayed the same. The areas that stayed the same were mostly the major areas that were around 20-25% of the overall exam score.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep going, I know some people failed the CISSP exam and takes 6 month to sit again and cost $599 each time, so keep going, you will get it.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• rdap88rdap88 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many questions was the exam? How long do you have to take it?

thanks
  • crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey man dont let it get you down and stop you I did i failed the combined test by 10 points so like 1 question and let that get to me that was a year and a half ago and im just now getting back into it.

Without any details, how do you feel you did on your simulations? I know for a fact I botched a sim and thats what killed me and it makes me so mad because what i messed up was so simple.
  • crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rdap88 wrote: »
    How many questions was the exam? How long do you have to take it?

thanks

Please review the exam objectives.