I failed the CCENT today :-/

Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
Whats up guys

Today I failed the CCENT by 3 points. yeah. 3 points.
I did the Network+ about less than 6 months ago. This "new" ccent, is pretty tough. I kind of feel like my college classes i took for this were a waste of money really, had a bad teacher but im not blaming it on him, i failed because of me.

Im having a problem troubleshooting OSPF and getthing that to stick. IDK if i go back and read all of the chapters for ICND2 again or what i should do? Guess its time to study icon_study.gif just thought id share that. Think my pride is more hurt than anything lol

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    If it's just 3 points, go back and keep labbing and reviewing.

You'll nail it next time....

Feels like me on the 17th I failed the VCP5-DCV by 5 points, retook it today and passed...

Keep at it, success sometimes requires failure for success to have meaning...
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just do labs man... training videos and follow along with either packet tracer...gns3 or real gear....understand what you're typing, don't just copy what the guy on the screen is doing...make sure everything makes sense... don't just go through the motions...don't race "to get to the end of a chapter" you'll cheer at first, but what good is it if you don't remember anything.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What type of hands on experience are you getting? Packet Tracer is pretty helpful. What did it say your weak areas were on the printout you got after you failed the test? That's a good place to start.

I haven't taken the older one, but I know they made ICND1 more difficult than it was before. You barely failed and did better than I did the first time. You'll pass next time for sure.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep at it!! Lab more! Don't give up.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    as for OSPF, this should be your favorite command: show ip OSPF int
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Join the club my man, happens to me twice. Got an 801 needed 804. Once in November and once yesterday. Both attempts I got an 801. I think my case is a bit odd. Why same score twice I will never know. Ditching Paul Browning CCNA in 60 days and back to Odom book I guess. Try something new.
  • Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Join the club my man, happens to me twice. Got an 801 needed 804. Once in November and once yesterday. Both attempts I got an 801. I think my case is a bit odd. Why same score twice I will never know. Ditching Paul Browning CCNA in 60 days and back to Odom book I guess. Try something new.

May I ask why you're ditching Paul Browning book after you recommended it to me yesterday? icon_surprised.gif Or souly for the fact of trying something new like you said?
    Currently Reading :study:
    100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA in 60 Days
    CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just trying something new. His book was good but I just want to take a different book maybe Odom or Lammle. I really want to pass this cert so I kinda am wanting to do whatever it takes. Just want to ditch it for now. His subnetting method is weird but not bad overall. Still worth reading it (ebook for $10 but not paperback for 65 my mistake) I may even consider reading my Boson books for ICND1 I'm not quite sure yet. I'm wanting to give Paul's book a break. His book is good for a quick way to get it but to absorb the material, you will need a better book.
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Thanks for the responses guys!
    yeah 801 is what i had. so basically my break down went like this

33% on operatio of ip data networks (ouch)
    73% Lan switchting technologies
    100% ip addressing ipv and 6
    71% ip routing technologies
    75% ip services
    63% network device security
    71% troubleshooting

Im going to start doing labs today. I think two weeks is adequate to study with my full time job (im a network tech) Funny thing is, im doing excellent at work. I just moved up and have only been there 6 months.
    I sorta feel like i dont know where to progress or how to do it. I guess that 33% part is a good place to start lol
    Im very determined at this point though. cant believe i failed this, especially by 3 lol