Passed CEH with 84%
First, I would like to say I'm really excited to finally make this post. I've been lurking around this forum for awhile getting tips on what to expect on exam day. If it weren't for you guys, there's no way I would have done as well as I did. I'm still pretty happy since I passed the exam about two hours ago.
- iClass with iLabs- Because I am an undergraduate student I had to enroll. The slides were a big waste of time. There were just too many pages. If you some how manage to get through all the pages for each module, you will be more than prepared.
- CEH AIO and Practice Exams -This proved to be a great supplement. The style of this text helps learning the material very easy. I took extensive notes on each chapter and used said notes in the final days of preparation.
- SYSBEX- If I had to only use one source, it would be this one. This was the most thorough. It hit all the modules in more depth then the AIO materials.
- Boson Practice exams (v8.1) - These exams proved to be very difficult. I did not pass any of the three practice exams (67.2 each time)
- Quizlet - I made notecards by grouping the topics like AIO. Here's a link to the folder: CEH Study Materials Folder | Quizlet
- Question Style
- Contrary to the different practice exams, I didn't receive a single multi-choice question. There were only single choice questions
- I know many people may not like to here this but you need to memorize the different type of encryption and hashing algorithms (learn all the DH algorithms).
- In addition, a lot of questions came from the Penetration Testing Module (PCI DSS, SOX, COBIT, ISO 27002, etc)
- If you pass Boson, you should know all the material for this exam.
I'm using only the AIO guide. I've been advised by other forum folk that it should be sufficient as I have extensive wireshark/vulnerability-scanning/linux experience and frankly I'm committing the exploit tools and various options/switches to memory with a view to performing more hands on labs later when I take on the OSCP.
Did you find you used any of the info in your Quizlet towards the exam or was it more of a 'knowledge store' for you?
What concerns me is I noticed this in your notes: "how do you represent a " in HMTL "" However I didn't see anything like this in the AIO guide.
Is this over-preparation or am I on the road to a hiding?
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up: OSCP
Studying: Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
I though the AIO materials were a good start but in a couple sections it wasn't as thorough especially the Penetration Testing chapter.. I didn't have the experience that you had with the different tools that you have; so, I had to make sure that I studied them thoroughly. Have you taken a practice exam yet?
I have the Matt Walker practice exams which I'm doing quite well in. My plan is to comeplete my 2nd read of all materials, do the master exam, redo the EC Council freebie exam and see how I get on. I saw that you used Boson but I'm not a fan. Appreciate you coming back to me. I could do with not wasting $500!
Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
I would rethink this. the Boson sim is offered to EC-Council's official iClass (as an upgrade) so the material is really EC-Council's , just using Boson as the delivery system. They're extremely useful for seeing the types of content that can be expected on the exam. 3 different practice tests with full explanations as well.
Hi hinanaz85, I'm not clear on what you mean? Which book did you use? The AIO?
not sure what else to prepare from
In fairness I've not seen a lot of people on the forum suggest Boson for CEH, other than this post. Another $100....
Do not take this advice. Braindumps are not encouraged. They only devalue the cert, and are unethical