Passed CEH with 84%
First, I would like to say I'm really excited to finally make this post. I've been lurking around this forum for awhile getting tips on what to expect on exam day. If it weren't for you guys, there's no way I would have done as well as I did. I'm still pretty happy since I passed the exam about two hours ago.
- iClass with iLabs- Because I am an undergraduate student I had to enroll. The slides were a big waste of time. There were just too many pages. If you some how manage to get through all the pages for each module, you will be more than prepared.
- CEH AIO and Practice Exams -This proved to be a great supplement. The style of this text helps learning the material very easy. I took extensive notes on each chapter and used said notes in the final days of preparation.
- SYSBEX- If I had to only use one source, it would be this one. This was the most thorough. It hit all the modules in more depth then the AIO materials.
- Boson Practice exams (v8.1) - These exams proved to be very difficult. I did not pass any of the three practice exams (67.2 each time)
- Quizlet - I made notecards by grouping the topics like AIO. Here's a link to the folder: CEH Study Materials Folder | Quizlet
- Question Style
- Contrary to the different practice exams, I didn't receive a single multi-choice question. There were only single choice questions
- I know many people may not like to here this but you need to memorize the different type of encryption and hashing algorithms (learn all the DH algorithms).
- In addition, a lot of questions came from the Penetration Testing Module (PCI DSS, SOX, COBIT, ISO 27002, etc)
- If you pass Boson, you should know all the material for this exam.