Options

Passed N10-005 today :D

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just passed my Network+ exam today with an 807/900 (thought I'd do better, but was surprised by some of the questions I had, they were items not covered by the Exam Cram material.

Either way I'm glad to have it knocked down, and am alright with the score, as I didn't get as much studying in over the holidays as I had wished. It'll be another WGU course knocked out before admission. :D

Materials I used:

- Certified Network+ (N10-005) Exam Cram 4th Ed. (Read cover to cover)
- Some Professor Messer Videos (on new topics, or things I required further clarification/knowledge of)
- The Cram sheet (read this 30 minutes prior to exam)
- Pearson IT Certification Practice testing Software (study mode and exam mode a couple of times each)

To any of those considering pursuing this certification, best of luck, now I'm onto my Sec+ 401 :D (If anyone has the Exam Cram for Sec+ 301, please PM me)

Comments

• Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!! It's kinda funny I took the Network+ exam today too. I passed as well :)
    Best of luck on the next exam!!
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice one dude! I am glad the test well well. Do you reckon exam crams were better than the authorized guide ?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
  • Options
    I've used Exam Crams for my CISSP, A+ and Net+ so far and love them. I cannot speak to the authorized guides as I have no experience with any.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    samspellasamspella Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please i will appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on where to get cram materials for network+ also the study guide that i can read to enable me pass the the exam.

Thank you
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    samspella wrote: »
    Please i will appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on where to get cram materials for network+ also the study guide that i can read to enable me pass the the exam.

Thank you

Well I got mine from Barnes & Noble, but amazon and other online book shops will likely stock it:

http://www.amazon.ca/CompTIA-Network-N10-005-Exam-Edition/dp/078974905X
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Congrats man! Great Job!!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    BlueRozeBlueRoze Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Authorized Guide is written for Network experienced people and it basically just reminds you of various concepts. If you find the topic of Net+ confusing in general, that book might not help. The Cram Exam may be better. If you have a Safari Books memebership there is a video version of the Auth Guide though, which might be useful for those who prefer a speaker over reading a text. If you are military you can get membership free, I am not sure what the cost is for civilians though.
  • Options
    thanks to everyone for thier kind words, and feedback :D I've booked my Sec+ 401 for Friday (8AM :S) it was the only time they had this week :D
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!