Options

Best IT Certifications For 2015

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
My real-life friend and mentor as-well as a contributor to his blogs, Ed Tittel, just released a very interesting article. He uses multiple IT Industry sources to compile his information, enjoy:

Best IT Certifications 2015 - In Demand Certifications

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Some of the stuff is spot on, but some of it is wayyy off. CCNP one of the top 5 storage certs? LPIC ranked higher than RHCE? And RHCE is beginning to get noticed by HR? Last time I looked, there were zero LPIC search results on Dice and plenty for RHCE. Not trying to be a jerk, but I quit reading after that. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Some of the stuff is spot on, but some of it is wayyy off. CCNP one of the top 5 storage certs? LPIC ranked higher than RHCE? And RHCE is beginning to get noticed by HR? Last time I looked, there were zero LPIC search results on Dice and plenty for RHCE. Not trying to be a jerk, but I quit reading after that. icon_sad.gif

Ya I was reading some of it myself after posting, it wasn't totally accurate. I recommended to Ed that he joins the forum, might give him tons of Industry Professional insights.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Someone should start a post like that here. With all the expertise in these forums, I think we could come up with some near-perfect top 5's. :)
  • Options
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Someone should start a post like that here. With all the expertise in these forums, I think we could come up with some near-perfect top 5's. :)

That would be awesome!
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see that the post was started but no one has replied yet... Come on peopleicon_cheers.gif I would answer but I don't have the expertise and experience to know which certifications are really in demand.
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My only focus for the last 3-4 years has been certing up and cementing myself in the networking field, which has served me so well and just recently (within the last six months) landed me the job and gateway to my dreams.

For enterprise networking I think the top three certs you want are;

1. CCNP R&S+ - You just cannot go wrong with Cisco if you're in to Networking, that being said though a CCNP is basically the minimum spec in the field these days. Serious companies expect you to have this level of knowledge before you even get a chance for an interview.

2. Check Point: CCSA - Certainly not my favourite vendor, or even a preferred vendor...But unfortunately, a REALLY common and popular one. Check Point experience/certification is a huge plus today. Lots of companies love seeing this on the CV.

3. Palo Alto: CNSE - This is a solid vendor to cert up in. They have some cutting edge tech with their NGFW's and will become a strong competitor in the field in the month/years to come. Only drawback is $$$...They aren't cheap!

The above is just my opinion, and is based on what I've seen and heard in the last six months. I know these are the certs we look for and desire in new recruits to this day.

Hope this helps! :)
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Surprised to see MCSE in the Networking field. Certainly, you need to understand networking to be able to network Windows Servers, but you don't need to be an expert like the CCIE, for example.