Options

CCNA in 60 Days?

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »

Funny you mention that book. Just the other day kMastaFlash posted a thread about having his CCENT exam in 1 day. He goes on to recommend it to me in post #3. I since have purchased this book and have slowly been making my way through it as a secondary source to Wendell Odom's Official Certification Guide 100-101.

As I haven't sat my CCENT exam yet (2 more months) I can't vouch solely for it's success rate, but I can say it's definitely a quick way to get a lot of relevant information in a much more 'straight to the point' style, but it's missing the structure in comparison to Wendell Odom's Guide, which I personally find sticks in your memory a lot easier. Each to their own.

I wouldn't look for just 1 miracle book to pass the CCNA, get multiple books and read topics along side each other icon_thumright.gificon_study.gif.
    Currently Reading :study:
    100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA in 60 Days
    CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol

• Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased the book just as an alternate read. His book has lots of junk in there that has absolutely no relation to Cisco CCNA objectives--So it will be a hard read sometimes. But it mirrors Lammle with labs. It's just another reference to me.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    What would be the best study material to get? I have the CCNA in 60 Days, $10 Kindle version. I also have the CBT Nuggets videos for CCNA.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
  • Options
    What would be the best study material to get? I have the CCNA in 60 Days, $10 Kindle version. I also have the CBT Nuggets videos for CCNA.

Well the term best is subjective. But from my personal experience over the past year;

For a visual source of information:
    Definitely check out Chris Byrants CCNA Boot Camp videos on Udemy. That's one investment you'll definitely not regret! He also has some videos on his Youtube Channel so you can try before you buy.

For a tactile source of information:
    I would have to recommend the good old CCNA ICND2 640-816 Official Cert Guide. This book doesn't lie, what you see is what you get, and what you get is what you need to know.
    CCNA in 60 Days

• Options
    Switch1 wrote: »
    For a visual source of information:
    Definitely check out Chris Byrants CCNA Boot Camp videos on Udemy. That's once investment you'll definitely not regret! He also has some videos on his Youtube Channel so you can try before you buy.

Thanks for the links. I just took a look at and bought the CCNA Boot Camp. He has a New Years special, got it for $10 + a free copy of the CCNA Security Boot Camp. Cant beat the price! The deal is good through Friday 1-9-2015 if anyone wants to get this as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for the links. I just took a look at and bought the CCNA Boot Camp. He has a New Years special, got it for $10 + a free copy of the CCNA Security Boot Camp. Cant beat the price! The deal is good through Friday 1-9-2015 if anyone wants to get this as well.

That's an insanely good deal. Might make a thread about it and let everyone know. Glad those links helped icon_thumright.gif, can't believe I didn't notice the sale.
    CCNA in 60 Days

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Just wanted to chime in, I had read through a couple of chapters in Lammle's CCENT book, however switched to CCNA in 60 days on Monday as I thought it would be easier to follow, however I just had to switch back. In the end for some reason I feel like Lammle's book flows better while reading, my attention span is greater while reading it, and I feel like I'm retaining the info better. Completely the opposite of what I had expected. I do however recommend at least getting the CCNA in 60 Days for Kindle for $10 as it would be a great second reference at that price.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework