New InfoSec forums and moderator!

As you may have noticed, we have a couple of new forums:

icon_arrow.gif(ISC)² SSCP and CISSP

icon_arrow.gifEC-Council CEH and CHFI

icon_arrow.gifCheck Point CCSA and CCSE

These forums are now part of a separate category called InfoSec and also contains this "Security Certifications" forum for general infosec topics and questions related to other certs. Please note that Security+ and CCSP questions should be posted in their corresponding forums in the CompTIA and Cisco categories.

In addition to the new forums, please welcome Keatron as a new moderator for these forums. Most of you probably already know Keatron from being active in several forums, and he's been helping me out with the Security+ TechNotes behind the scenes for quite some time. Needless to say we are very happy to have Keatron on board! :D

Comments

• determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    Way to go Johan and Keatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have done again a wonderful job putting this together. I mean the new InfoSec section!!! Plus I see Keatron is now a moderator.........Good Choice!

Thanks for keeping this site to its max!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks GG, glad you like the changes. :D
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks Johan, I'm honored. And to the rest of you here, I'll just say keep up the good work and keep the questions coming. I hope to see some of you in the future since me (my company) is now the provider of most ISC2 Review Seminars here in the Midwest. The thing I've always liked about Techexams is how it always feels like a group thing. It's hard to tell who is a moderator without reading the caption. This is mainly because of the excellent attitude and humble participation of the other moderators. I look foward to business as usual, helping as many people as possible (while getting some myself :D )
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I look forward to the CEH forum, I plan on studying it this summer.
    frankj1247 wrote:

I passed this exam early last year. It's a decent introduction to tools. Even though some of the ones you'll get on the cd are out of date, you'll come out knowing a lot more about where to go get the latest stuff. If you've got the drive to dig deeper and go past the material they give you, it can be a very great reward. Don't plan on coming out a penetration tester, but you will come out knowing the types of things you will need to master in order to get there. Good luck and have fun with it!!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Anything to make the site better, Kickass job all!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    frankj1247 wrote:

I passed this exam early last year. It's a decent introduction to tools. Even though some of the ones you'll get on the cd are out of date, you'll come out knowing a lot more about where to go get the latest stuff. If you've got the drive to dig deeper and go past the material they give you, it can be a very great reward. Don't plan on coming out a penetration tester, but you will come out knowing the types of things you will need to master in order to get there. Good luck and have fun with it!!

Regarding to computers how many resources do you need?
    Are two enough? one with vmware?
    Can you work in your daily working machine with no risk for these tests?
    thank you!
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran
    Do can do most direct attacks on a particular machine with just two. As a matter of fact, you can really do most of it with just one machine and VMWare. I do it all the time on 3 and 4 hour flights.

Eventually you'll want to get access to some routers so that you can look at sam spade and some of the MIB walking tools for enumerating SNMP enabled devices. But this can come a little later in your practice.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    keatron, I honestly never realized that you weren't a moderator! It's about time Johan made an über-user out of you! icon_cool.gif:D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It sure would be if this topic wasn't 6 months old ;) You are right nevertheless, I can't remember Keatron not being 'an über-user'.
    It's a result of hanging around you guys for so long (virtually at least) icon_wink.gif