Options

Chris Byrant's CCNA Boot Camp currently for 10$

Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Posting this in case some people are interested. CCNA Boot Camp is currently on offer for 10$! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif Definitely worth the investment for anyone pursuing their CCENT or CCNA. Think it only has a few days left.

Edit: Deal no longer going, maybe next year icon_rolleyes.gif

However! You're still in luck! Rodney has enlightened us to a discount code still available giving you 65% off! icon_cool.gif
As a side note, if anyone missed this but still wants to get it.

There seems to be a twitter code "twitter19" that gives a 65% discount.
Currently Reading :study:
100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
CCNA in 60 Days
CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sale ends Friday January 9th.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been debating for a few days whether to get it or not. For those that have gone through it, how does it compare with the CBT Nuggets material?

Thanks!
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    Double JDouble J Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much does it usually go for?
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Price is listed in the screenshot :)
    For the price of lunch, it's more than worth it's price if you aren't paying for CBT / INE training.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's been a while since I've gone through the CBT material, but I can tell you that it is an absolute steal for $10. Chris is very thorough in his coverage and he does both lecture and router/switch work so he shows you what he's talking about. I always recommend his Udemy course to those who I mentor, primarily because it is affordable (I think normally it's $99, which is still a great price) Plus if you download the Udemy app for android or ios, you can save the videos on your devices for offline viewing. You can also download the videos to your PC though most I have recommended don't do so since they're already connected to the internet when at home on their PC) At the end of the day, it's $10! What do you really have to lose at that price point? icon_lol.gif
    jaywalker wrote: »
    I've been debating for a few days whether to get it or not. For those that have gone through it, how does it compare with the CBT Nuggets material?

Thanks!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Purchased for studying at a later date.

His CCNA Security course is $10 too and if you earn your CCNA, email your receipt to the email on the website that's linked above to get access to his CCNA Security course for free.
  • Options
    merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the Security track and the wireshark one, fun times!
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    It's worth it back on Black Friday I bought 8 videos for $7 a pop. Really good value. The videos are superb!
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Thanks for the tip, I just purchased the course, should be great reinforcement for the stuff I have already worked on.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Spicy Ahi and everyone else! I pulled the trigger and bought the course :D
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    RodneyMcKayRodneyMcKay Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone else having issues trying to buy this course?

Keeps telling me to try again later.
  • Options
    try again later icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took advantage of the deal yesterday
  • Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also if you buy it you will get the CCNA Security course for free. You have to buy it in January to get it.

And I just saw someone already mentioned that. Whoops.
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    it's a great deal!
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    try again later icon_wink.gif

That's the issue lmao, the deal finishes tomorrow.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    That's the issue lmao, the deal finishes tomorrow.

Instead of using the link, try searing on udemy.com for the course and then clicking on it. Seems to work then.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only question I have is how he classifies the various areas of study. For example, he puts ACLs in ICND1. Is he claiming there wont be any ACL questions when I take ICND2 at the end of this month?

Also, I had the same issue--try again later--Third time was the charm

And as for the length of the promotion, it seems to insinuate it's still good for three more days

Regards all
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Luckily udemy support got back to me pretty fast. They block the rocketmail domain apparently.

For £6 it's a great deal, I've spent more on lunch.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    The only question I have is how he classifies the various areas of study. For example, he puts ACLs in ICND1. Is he claiming there wont be any ACL questions when I take ICND2 at the end of this month?

Also, I had the same issue--try again later--Third time was the charm

And as for the length of the promotion, it seems to insinuate it's still good for three more days

Regards all

I believe ACLs are listed as an ICND1 topic on the new CCNA (100/200 Series). I don't see it listed on the ICND2. There seem to be a lot more topics on the ICND2 now than there were back in 2013 when it came out, so I would say you probably won't see ACLs on it. That said, you shouldn't simply forget them. You will not only need them again in CCNP: R&S and CCNA: Security, but also if you end up working with Cisco routers and/or firewalls.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I believe ACLs are listed as an ICND1 topic on the new CCNA (100/200 Series). I don't see it listed on the ICND2. There seem to be a lot more topics on the ICND2 now than there were back in 2013 when it came out, so I would say you probably won't see ACLs on it. That said, you shouldn't simply forget them. You will not only need them again in CCNP: R&S and CCNA: Security, but also if you end up working with Cisco routers and/or firewalls.

I did not see, or maybe a better statement is I don't recall (:)) seeing a single question on ACLs in my ICND1 exam. Lots of OSPF. I think ACLs are the greatest things in the world. Add MAC addressing with IP addressing and security is enhanced . I would prefer to see them in ICND2 instead of dumb stuff like licensing questions which I see is an objective.

Thanks
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Just got an email that gives me free access to the CCNA Security boot camp.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
  • Options
    Well I can honestly say I'm impressed, started these videos last night staying up till 3 am and I'm up to section 6 and I've learned quite a bit. There is so much information though you'll probably need to watch it a few times.
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    This was (and is) a great value for $10. I already downloaded all 202 videos from the CCNA course for future use and so I can put them on a thumb drive. Also, I e-mailed my receipt and was given a promo code to get the CCNA Security course for free. I'll download those too when I get home.

I've watched a few of the videos and for the price, I have no complaints. My only gripe is you have to download each video individually, so it can take a while. But overall outstanding... This helps a lot for those on tight budgets (like myself). My goal for 2015 is CCENT and CCNA R&S, no excuses.
  • Options
    OpenSource wrote: »
    This helps a lot for those on tight budgets (like myself). My goal for 2015 is CCENT and CCNA, no excuses.

By making the traing so cheap I can put more money into building a lab. I also have the goal of CCENT and CCNA this year. I also want to get the CCNA Security as well.
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    By making the traing so cheap I can put more money into building a lab. I also have the goal of CCENT and CCNA this year. I also want to get the CCNA Security as well.

Indeed. I'm trying to find some used Cisco equipment for a decent price so I can practice on actual hardware. I have simulators and I may even take a course or two at the local CC. But I always like having my own hardware.

As for CCNA Security, we'll see if I can get CCENT and CCNA R&S this year and go from there. My job will help with reimbursement for the exams and materials (not sure about hardware), so no more excuses.
  • Options
    I will be taking the CCENT, then the CCNA Security. I need to pass those by September to renew my 3 CompTIA certs. After that i am going to double back and get the CCNA R&S.
  • Options

• Options

Thats still a very good price.
  • Options
    Switch1Switch1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□

Will add this information to the original post, thanks Rodney.
    Currently Reading :study:
    100-101 ICND1 Official Cert Guide
    CCNA in 60 Days
    CCENT Study Guide Exam 100-101

OSPF: Anatomy of an Internet Routing Protocol