Options

OSPF why is this router ID showing???

Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
Hello guys so im configure single area OSPF between three routersrouter 1.1.1.1 router 2.2.2.2 (this is running ipv6 and ip4)router 3.3.3.3When i issue a show ip ospf database. I see this that 172 IP is in router 2.2.2.2 so i went in set the route ID to 2.2.2.2 and did a clear ip ospf process. still i get the same result. IDK what i did wrong?

Comments

• Options
    merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Could you provide a show run to better assist? -Matt
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Run the #clear ip ospf process command on both sides of the link.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^
    what he said :D
    or try to reboot both routers
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The age on that one is older than the other 2. I seem to remember running into this same issue, where I changed the RID by adding a Loopback Interface, but nothing short of a reload could get it to change on the neighbors.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    hey guys thanks for the responses
    Ill try clearing the process on both sides....didint think of that haha, if not il do a reboot of both and see if it changes. Ill let you know and thank you for responses
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dont forget to copy ru st your config before reloading
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    Dont forget to copy ru st your config before reloading

LOL Thank you!
    I did infact forget to do that haha luckily i can still re do it, as i know how i messed this up the first time. (not setting the router ID FIRST) so im going to do it again and then see if i can get it to clear

You guys are awesome, i have my ccent test date reschedualed and this forum is really helping clarify a few things