Finally recieved my Prince 2 Foundation Certification

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
That took a long time!!! It took several months to register in their on line application. The test was very expensive as well, around 255 USD. The funny part is I went out to their site and I was eligible for the Prince 2 Practitioner, I guess somewhere along the way they started to honor the CAPM to avoid having to take the foundational exam. Either way it aligns sort of with my position now. I manage some software projects. Most managers don't have time for it. The test was very easy for me, but I have studied relentlessly for the PMP, which I failed once, the RMP, CAPM and other project certifications including this one. I ended up using white pages to study, along with some youtube videos.

That was all I needed to pass. 43/50

Comments

• ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Had somehow missed this...nice one icon_thumright.gif
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great :) Can you share a pic?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You get added to the registry with an official email icon_lol.gif No paper unless I want to spend the money. I'm cheap, no thanks. Let me take a look and see if I can get a PDF of it and then I'll post it then.

@Z Thanks!
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    That took a long time!!! It took several months to register in their on line application. The test was very expensive as well, around 255 USD. The funny part is I went out to their site and I was eligible for the Prince 2 Practitioner, I guess somewhere along the way they started to honor the CAPM to avoid having to take the foundational exam. Either way it aligns sort of with my position now. I manage some software projects. Most managers don't have time for it. The test was very easy for me, but I have studied relentlessly for the PMP, which I failed once, the RMP, CAPM and other project certifications including this one. I ended up using white pages to study, along with some youtube videos.

That was all I needed to pass. 43/50

Hello, and congratulations!

I see you also have ITIL Foundation, how did this compare to the ITIL in terms of difficulty both in studying and taking the exam?
    BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
    @ Ninja sorry haven't went to Exin yet to download it. I'll get to it one of these days.

@ Red since I nave the CAPM and had worked as a project manager in a few different positions I thought the Prince 2 Foundation was much easier. I hear the practitioner is A LOT more challenging, but I have never taken it.
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    @ Ninja sorry haven't went to Exin yet to download it. I'll get to it one of these days.

@ Red since I nave the CAPM and had worked as a project manager in a few different positions I thought the Prince 2 Foundation was much easier. I hear the practitioner is A LOT more challenging, but I have never taken it.

Thanks for the headsup, it's weird because I'm reading the Sybex book and they say the test is 75 questions. Maybe that's for the practitioner test? Well, I should be taking Prince2 Foundation it within a week or two, I really want to get this thing done. I appreciate the advice greatly.
    BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
    Anytime and good luck.

I plan on going for the prac exam, IF my company will pay for it. If not forget it :)