The funniest questions you would get on a help desk :)???

2»

Comments

• biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work at a hospital and some of the clinics were recently moved and their existing phone lines forwarded to the help desk, I have no idea whose brilliant frigging idea that was. So a few minutes ago a lady calls and says "Is this the clinic where you can help me get pregnant?". Hold on ma'am, let me transfer you to the operator. LOL.
  • xinyxiny Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work for a bank and a slightly tech savvy teller calls saying they aren't connected to the network.

I ask her to check the Ethernet cable on the back of the PC as they tend to move the equipment around a lot.
    She say's "Sure, one minute", she puts the phone down and starts to file her nails.

After 5 Minutes she picks the phone back up and says "Nope, still isn't working".
    I ask her to make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged into the wall right under her desk.

She say's "Sure, one minute", she puts the phone down and continues to file her nails.
    After 5 minutes she picks the phone back up and says "Nope, it still won't work, now what?"

Me: "nothing you butt hole because I've been watching you on the security camera the whole effin time."
    "Hacking is like sex. You get in, you get out, and hope that you didn't leave something that can be traced back to you."
  • tcosictcosic Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A friends mother called me and said that she couldn't create an e-mail account, she couldn't set the password that she wanted, the only character she could type were "black circles".

Worst part is that it actually took me a while to understand what was happening.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love it when engineers at Cisco Systems don't know how to console into a network device.

I'd say the funniest was the new hire looking for a Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter to console into a device.

The one I get the most are remote workers who don't know what a terminal server or console server is.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I worked a part-time job at Walgreens over last summer and had a gentleman come in asking for MoneyPac cards. I showed him the location and he proceeded to tell me that he had been "surfing" some sites that he shouldn't have been and was going to be prosecuted if he didn't pay the FBI $300.00. I stopped him right there and told him he had a virus. He didn't want to believe me! I informed him that I worked I.T. in my main job and that it was a virus I had seen often + why would the FBI want money card from a Walgreens when their M.O. is to simply arrest people? This made him think a little bit and to my reluctance I was at his house the next day removing the virus. I didn't ask for money but his wife insisted I take the $75 as it was still cheaper than $300.