Options

CCNA R/S Defeated!

LifikLifik Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey good people!

I passed my ICND2 (947) @ 10:27am on 1/8!! Long time coming! I went through ITCAP using Odom's book with Lammle's book as a supplement. I also used CBT Nuggets in addition to hands-on training. The switch models I use in retail stores 3570, 3750 and the occasional 3850. I worked on some 6500's and 7k's in our data center. I also had the pleasure of configuring, deploying, and working with 2911's and 2921's (w/ 48-port switch expansion).

To anyone preparing for the CCNA, I would humbly advise that you play with the IOS cmd line (actual or virtual) to see how each command functions and study the results. At first, it can seem a bit overwhelming but practice does wonders (can't emphasize that enough). If you are lucky enough to get your hands on some equipment, that would be even better. Don't give up and smash the exam! I will most likely go for my Sec+ and Linux+ this year as well as my UL college courses.

I wish you all good luck and fortune!

Thanks,
Lif

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on defeating the CCNA! berst of luck in your courses and other planned certs :D
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! In your opinion, could you have passed with Lammle's book alone? Trying to decide which book to go with for my ICND1 & 2 studies.

Thanks!
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    LifikLifik Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I believe so as long as you combine it with some sort of practical application. Odom's book is indeed thorough but by the time you finish it, you'll want to cut your own throat lol. All joke's aside, Lammle is a much more enjoyable read and just as meticulous.
  • Options
    merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass! Agreed, lammels book makes for a much easier read and enjoyable one. I will carry it with me as a pocket guide!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□

Good job!!!
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289