Options

Posting a resume without getting endless calls from Asian temp agents

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'd love to post my resume on various job boards, but I always wind up getting inundated with calls from temp agents in Asia hawking contract-only jobs out-of-town or out-of-state. I'm only interested in local jobs and only ones that are permanent full-time. I don't think there's a way to specify this. But I'm definitely getting spammed with out-of-country calls from Asians who don't have a clue about my local area - they're 10,000 miles away. Not once have I ever gotten a call for a perm position from one of these foreign parasites, and rarely are their openings local to my area. They just ***** the Internet, preying on the unemployed and their desperation. Fortunately, I'm employed but just looking for something better.

Also, has anyone had any success with posting their resume at local large businesses? I know a lot of them don't advertise their openings at Dice, Monster, etc.

Comments

• Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    You are correct. I often time post my resume on Careerbuilder then remove it once I get enough phone calls and emails from numerous Indian Callers asking me to move to Wisconsin etc. LOL. I can inform you the companies that got me opportunities thus far was TekSystems. They placed me on a DOD contract at Bolling AFB. The Prime is Lockheed. The Manager wanted to convert me over. I left because KForce offered more and I eventually was converted over to Computer Science Corporation. Plus the position allowed me to work remotely 4 days 1 week and 3 days the next. However, the majority of my job came from referrals from past coworkers whom I still keep in touch with.
  • Options
    I've worked for both KForce and Teksystems in the past, but they both only got me contract jobs. I'm finally converted to perm where I'm at, and I have no intention of leaving it for another contract job. I don't think either of them offer perm/FT positions; only contract.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    This is why you don't list your real number when posting your resume online. Either use a Google Voice account or just list your email.
  • Options
    I've actually deleted my resume from all the job boards. However, I still get calls (albeit fewer now) from these foreign dev - I mean, temp agents. They're somehow dredging up my resume from some kind of history database. Nothing ever disappears from the Internet.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    If you really want to work with a certain company, talk to your friend who works there.

If you don't have a friend who works there, go to the meetups they attend, connect to them on LinkedIn, go to their barbecue, or something.

Cheers!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    The worse is when you sign up for the various company websites( Lockheed/Booz/etc ). Some use TALEO; however, I'm stuck with copying and pasting my resume over and over again into the various formats. UGH.