Options

Working for VMware?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

so I purchased Linkedin Premium earlier this week and I got an interesting email this afternoon from VMware!

What's your thoughts on this role in the Westchester, NY area?

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/39194088?trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A2749633391421295292182%2CVSRPtargetId%3A39194088%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

Too much, or just enough for me at this point?

Comments

• Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can do it, why not just give it a chance? Don't be too hard on yourself. Just go for it.

Heck i guess the premium does pay off?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I have a feeling that they are not going to be impressed by someone still in school when they are looking for a senior cloud architect with over 10 years of experience. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wouldn't bother honestly. You're just now enrolled for a BA at WGU, and they want 10+ years experience. Plus, it's a leadership position as well. Would check back in 3-5 years maybe?
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    There's no harm in applying, but don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Thanks guys for your thoughts!
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do the same thing as you though. I applied for a Systems Engineer job and they actually contacted me today asking some questions. I don't think I'm qualified for it lol but it's really easy to just apply and not think too much at the time. Does pay well and would be awesome but I'm really not there yet. I do some server stuff at work and took a class in college but most of my knowledge is in networking anyway through CCNA R&S + Sec and other networking certs.