Options

Maybe some differnt study material.

New_FeetNew_Feet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
About a month ago I failed the Net+ test 646.. I was using the Mike Meyers, CompTIA deluxe study guide and the exam cram. I think what really does it for these exams is the Performance based questions. I have no experience in the field so when these first 4 questions pop up its extreme panic. I cant say what I saw due to the rules but I can say that from whats in these books their is no way to prepare yourself for a "simulation" I was making 80's on all the practice tests that come with the three books above.

Now I have heard people say to use premium practice tests to get the true feel of how the test is going to go.. So at this point Im all ears on what people to consider the practice tests to use.

I take failing bad but i shouldn't considering that I did get a 646 with just teaching myself. I need some confidence boosting. I have my print out and it really doesn't say anything except what sections that i missed how does one study when the sections are pretty much the whole book.. anyway. I'm open to suggestions...

Comments

• Options
    jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have feel like more interesting to discover learning further information then buying: Comptia Network+ N10-005 Simulator DVD from Pearson by Michael D. Taylor and Anthony Sequeira, Comptia Network+ Review Guide by Bill Ferguson from Sybex and keep doing practicing practicing questions of any sources that you collected, after you go over all of these source w/ your devoted time on these i believe you will gain more confidence and be ready for the second attempt test. Just don't be too rush, you will be dong find. Good luck!
  • Options
    xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cybrary.IT released a Network+ Course today based on the N10-005 Objectives. It's 31+ hours in length and it's all free. Be sure to check it out. If you're looking to spend a little bit of monday, jhntbright's suggestion is good. I also found the Testout material pretty solid.
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    I used MeasureUp and the simulations were very accurate.
  • Options
    Anyone ever use CompTIA certmaster??
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used certmaster. I went through all the CBT nuggets videos (31 hours....0_0 ) then went through all the certmaster modules. I passed Net+ today with an 80. Certmaster seemed relevant and helped to reinforce the concepts from the videos. Good luck!
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    Is the certmaster only questioning or did they have simulation labs in with the questions as well?
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    xXxKrisxXx wrote: »
    Cybrary.IT released a Network+ Course today based on the N10-005 Objectives. It's 31+ hours in length and it's all free. Be sure to check it out. If you're looking to spend a little bit of monday, jhntbright's suggestion is good. I also found the Testout material pretty solid.

Hey thanks, man! This looks AWESOME!
  • Options
    marshy-marshmarshy-marsh Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    goodday,what will you recommend for someone with limited online resource...anything in the way of simulator or otherwise for this N+ exam Im due for soon in March.Thanx in advance
  • Options
    MattyIceVAMattyIceVA Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    New_Feet wrote: »
    Is the certmaster only questioning or did they have simulation labs in with the questions as well?

I used CertMaster for both A+ exams and they didn't have any simulations. I purchased the one for Network+ and don't believe there are any on there either.