Options

failed with a 587

dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im a little pissed off and my training kit book hit the dumpster with a violent boom. After reading this thing for several months I notice on the M$ site the black bubble index and suddenly realized the book doesnt cover all the material. I remember reading here that you want to use more than one source but had no idea that a Training Kit put out by the Vendor only covered 2/3rds of the material on the test. If ya want the rest its a 4 gig download of a wild goose chase through technet and their resource kit white papers. Put it all in one place so I can buy it and study it...Please. This is a freakin cirricculum not a jigsaw puzzle.

Im not taking it again, the first thing I did when I got home is search braindumps. I thought, I got alot of time into this just get the cert and not worry about how. Only they want ya to pay , Im low but I aint that low. As I thought it over it just didnt make sense, why struggle for another month studying, risk another $100 to scrape by with a 700. I read people on here who work with it everyday in IT environments study for a month and get a 950. As of right now thats a 400 point difference between them and myself.

Its just like Ive been reading here all along this is a professional certification for people who have a demonstrated working knowledge of Windows XP pro. I live in a rural area its tough to find any kind of work let alone something in IT. And if you dont have Education, certifications and experience on your resume you cna forget it, you aint gettin hired. So theres your catch 22, just about every job description ive ever read wants to see experience and certs, I cant get experience because I dont have enough certs.

The test itself, 58 full pages, 4 paragraphs of confusing BS that didnt resemble anything I'd studied. I'll take another shot down the road, maybe a Vista cert when that comes along. I guess I'll just have to go with an AAS computer networking A+ Net+ on my resume.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you failed. Have you considered purchasing the MS Press study guide and a good set of practice questions like Transcender? I know it is tough not to get discouraged, but do not resort to braindumps for your answers. It is unethical and considered cheating.

Yes, a lot of people here use Win XP Pro in the workplace so it is easier to learn it. When I passed the exam I studied off and on for 2 months before going to take it and passed. From your score sheet you can determine where your weak areas are and prepare from that.

If possible set up a test box or use VMware or Virtual PC to do the exercises in the study guide. Keep your head up and good luck on your next attempt.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Don't feel discouraged. I've been through it with W3k Server. There is a young fellow that works with me who has about 3 AASs, some CompTIA certs, a 5 or 6 years of experience, and he failed the MCDST 70-271 exam after doing a Boot Camp. I'm sure that MCDST is nothing like the XP Pro 70-270. But, Microsoft writes these things so that they're not easily passed. They are Professional and not entry-level exams.

Whether you go ahead and re-test, or go search for some good solid experience, just keep going for the career. It sounds like you want it.
    You have to be determined. An AAS will go a long way for the future.
    I wish that I had one.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki