ICND2 more difficult than ICND1?

awayaway Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! I passed ICND1 last week :)
I'm wondering if ICND2 is more difficult than ICND1.

Comments

• anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, the "difficulty" of either exam would be highly subjective and would vary from person to person. Objectively, yes, of course, ICND2 would be more difficult since it's basically building on the knowledge of ICND1 to a good extent. Familiarity with the IOS & cli, basics of TCP/IP, concepts of switching and routing are most assuredly a big precursor to the next exams higher up in the track.

Also, it would help a lot if you could give us a little more background of your knowledge scope.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
  • Gallager00Gallager00 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it is more difficult.

You can get by ICND1 with just a book, but you have to know how the stuff and how to lab for ICND2.
    2016 Goals: CCNA Security, CCNA Data Center, VCP6-NV. Mostly focusing on skills rather than certs.
    2016 Completed:
    Currently reading: CCNA Security, programming books
  • awayaway Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank guy!
    So can we say, in ICND2 there more labs and less theory than ICND1?
    I love do labs on gns3/packet tracer and on real stuffs!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have posted this before but I will say it again.

I felt the test was harder but the studying was easier. The reason is that ICND1 was completely new to me. ICND2 builds on what you learn in one. So your getting new concepts but your already familiar with the basics.

I strongly suggest labbing as much as possible. You can read something 100 times and if you are reading it wrong you will never know. At some point you have to apply the knowledge to confirm it.

Good Luck!
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought ICND2 was easier then ICND1, But then again I used packet tracer to build my own scenarios to understand the concept. Im more of a visual learner .
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • JonasjonasJonasjonas Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To me ICND1 was more difficult than ICND2
  • cablagecablage Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought ICND1 was more difficult, perhaps because many of the concepts were new at the time.
    2018 Goals:
    CCNP R&S: SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ]
    JNCIS-ENT [X]
    CWNA [ ]
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Interesting.. I passed ICDN1 a few days ago and left feeling like that was the hardest exam i have ever taken..

Good news. Hopefully i will knock out ICND2, but i will definitely make sure i put the time in. icon_cool.gif
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found ICND2 to be harder. I also noticed you only get 75 minutes for ICND2 as opposed to 90 minutes for the ICND1. This really puts pressure on you.
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!