Options

Need Help to prepare my CV - URGENT :(

Hii ,, I need yours help for preparing my cv .. I am basically a fresher .. with out any experince from companies. But i do web design , repair computers etc .. Got some certs also .. What all things should i include in my CV ? Any sample CV's would be really helpful Thank You .. :)

[Updated] 24 -1 - 2015

PDF >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/215t4zjeqp2ggpr/muneeb_resume_2.pdf?dl=0

[Updated] Added Resume link

PDF >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9xdeu3bshmzyll/Muneeb%20CV.pdf?dl=0

DOC >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/taaxtdl5sabxw05/Muneeb%20CV.docx?dl=0

Please check

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The search engine should turn up a lot of hits for sample resumes and advice. Google would also be a good resource.

You aren't going to get much assistance on these forums until you post your own resume in Word or PDF format.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    I get a lot of samples there. but dont know which is good .. :Think:..

Ok .. will post one ..
  • Options
    Added the linkk .. please .. checkk ..
  • Options
    Do you currently have a job? Have you ever held a professional IT position before? What about other prior work experience?
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Never had any job before. .
    Just do some freelance work .. like editing , designing , repairing etc..

But never On any companies ....

Currently am a student .. doing MCA
  • Options
    Without any work experience, there's absolutely no reason why your resume should be any longer than a single page. That would be the first thing that I would recommend fixing.

Your resume is a little loud for my tastes. I don't mind seeing a little color added here and there to stand out, but I feel you would benefit greatly by using a traditional resume template and format. Consider using something like this: http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/91333-resume-time.html

Objective sections are antiquated. I recommend replacing this with a competent professional summary. There are plenty of good examples on this forum.

Your address should be listed with your name at the top of the resume. It doesn't need a special section at the bottom of your resume like that.

Let's start with these suggestions first. Once you get a new version of your resume uploaded, I will assist you further.

• Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slightly irrelevant nitpick, but please abstain from overusing "urgent" or "urgently." I see a lot of Indians from India doing it, and frankly it's extremely jarring in a professional setting. Urgent is when an ambulance is rushing to the site of a heart attack. Urgent is when a major node goes down, leaving an area (including a number of businesses) completely without internet. Hell, urgent is when you have an interview in 2 hours and they suddenly send you a request to bring a cover letter, which you never had.

Anything else isn't urgent.

PS: remove date of birth unless it's a cultural/professional standard in your country. It's irrelevant, and more likely to hurt you then help you. People can usually tell your approximate age anyways from your education/employment history dates.
  • Options
    Thanks You Srabie & LeBroke . :)

Modified and uploaded ..

Please check :)
  • Options
    Move your address directly underneath your phone number and email address, and then delete the Address section. Your address should be part of your heading.

Your Professional Summary reads like an Objective, particularly the first sentence. This should be corrected.

The dates within your Education section should be aligned to the right side of the resume.

Your VMware certs need to somehow specify that these are VCA certifications.

Within the Projects section...instead of explaining the purpose of the software itself, I recommend that you explain what YOU did with the software and what you accomplished. These are projects after all, so explain to me what you did and how you accomplished the project. Because you have no professional work experience, this section needs to serve as a substitute for work experience. You need to provide as much substantive technical experience as possible related to these projects and anything else you can think of.