Cisco 3560-24PS-s can it take Software Release 15.0(1)

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
As the title says can this 3560-24Ps-s install the Software Release 15.0(1)

Have two on ebay i would like to buy and would like to confirm before i pull the trigger

Comments

  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No sir the latest ios for that part number is:
    c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin

    If you want to go 15.0 you'll need to go the G version which would be 3560G-24PS which has the latest ios of:
    c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, can you explain the difference between the Software version, what can i do in 15 that i cannot do in 12.2

    Also i read the 3560 24Ts can take the 15.0
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The 3560-24ts-s goes up to the same version as the non G 24ps-s.

    https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=278542537&flowid=2538

    Choose the part number and click the software version and read the release notes. It will tell you all of the added features, improvements, caveats, etc.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,741
    I believe the limitation in some of these switches is the amount of flash to store the IOS image.

    Certain 3560 models CAN run 15.0 but you'll have to look up which ones exactly, I can't remember off hand.

    Though, I've got by with 12.2(50) or something on my 3750's

    What exact features are you looking to use?
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    I believe the limitation in some of these switches is the amount of flash to store the IOS image.

    Certain 3560 models CAN run 15.0 but you'll have to look up which ones exactly, I can't remember off hand.

    Though, I've got by with 12.2(50) or something on my 3750's

    What exact features are you looking to use?



    I am studying for my CCNP Switch at the moment and would like to know if the cisco Ws 3560 24PS-s is enough, the price i see is 200 for 2 of them, trying to shop around for the best value
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,741
    For a CCNP - Yeah I don't see why not.

    $200 for 2 x 3560's is a great price.

    I am not an expert on the CCNP curriculum though so don't quote me. Is VTP version 3 on it like CCIE?
  • MurphMurph Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dsgm wrote: »
    As the title says can this 3560-24Ps-s install the Software Release 15.0(1)

    Have two on ebay i would like to buy and would like to confirm before i pull the trigger

    That switch is Power over Ethernet, Pretty sure its not going to take the IOS 15 These switches have only 16MB of Flash, your going to need at a Minimum 32MB of flash to Hold this IOS. I just recently purchased the Cisco 3560-48ts and I was able to run Ios 15 no problem!!. I would have bought the wrong switches myself if it wasn't for the great advice from the guys on this forum. Good luck!!
    2013 CCENT[x] 2014 CCNA[x] 2015 CCNP[ ]
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,741
    ^^^ What this guy said - 32MB Flash required. Thanks!
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks ok think i will go with the TS good thing i asked this question before i went ahead and bought it
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    I am not an expert on the CCNP curriculum though so don't quote me. Is VTP version 3 on it like CCIE?
    VTPv3 is on the new (300-115) SWITCH Exam. You don't need IOS 15 for VTPv3. It runs just fine on 12.2(55)SE9, which I run on my 3750-24TS switches (the 3560-24TS are running 15.0(2)SE2).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,741
    ^^^ - exactly how I do VTP v3
Sign In or Register to comment.