CCP-V & CCA-V 7.6 Beta Exams - Free for first 100

jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All.

Pearsonvue have jumped the gun and announced the beta Citrix exams. At this moment only the CCP-V is available to book, but according to

Citrix :: Pearson VUE
For a limited time, be among the first 100 candidates to sign up for and sit the 1Y1-201 Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam or the 1Y1-301 Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam by February 26, 2015. Please note, as these are beta exams, no pass/fail decisions will be provided immediately upon completing these exams. In accordance with the standard Citrix beta exam process, pass/fail decisions will be provided within 8 weeks after the close of the beta period.

The 1Y1-201 Citrix Managing XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam is associated with the Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA - V) certification. Obtaining a passing score on this exam will count towards the CCA - V certification.

The 1Y1-301 Citrix Deploying XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam is associated with the Citrix Certified Professional– Virtualization (CCP - V) certification. Obtaining a passing score on this exam will count towards the CCP - V certification.

Please note: If you have not got a CCA-V you will not be awarded a CCP-V, so make sure you schedule your tests accordingly.

Comments

• jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Btw, if you are thinking this is a free lunch, you are mistaken. There are a lot of questions to answer in a small amount of time.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    jso wrote: »
    Btw, if you are thinking this is a free lunch, you are mistaken. There are a lot of questions to answer in a small amount of time.

I made that mistake in taking the Netscaler 10.5 beta exams. I'm a casual Netscaler admin...performing tasks here and there as needed. To pass those exams, though, you need to know your stuff.

I posted a topic just like this when those exams were released for free. After I gave a post-exam review, the entire thread was deleted. There was nothing there in violation of NDA, so I've wondered what that was about. If a mod could explain that to me, it would be appreciated.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    I forgot to post after completing my exam. It was a hard slog. I only got halfway through reviewing my answers, before I had had enough. I still had 19 minutes left on the clock, but my brain was mush.

It would be interesting to see what questions end up in the final exam. I knew they were going to ask questions on permissions but it felt like 25% of all questions had something to do with permissions (no I'm not saying what the permissions are in relation to or for which product - read the exam guide).

No idea if I passed. I didn't think that many questions were real world.

Anyone else completed the exam?
  • warnoxwarnox Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed, definitely a hard slog! Would prefer the exam with a simulation or two vs 167 questions!

No idea if I passed either, have you got your results yet/how long did it take?
    I believe Citrix takes their sweet time with beta exams. Not sure why. So I'm guessing mid April would be the earliest.
  • Sarah.PaulSarah.Paul Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this offer still available?
    I am not able to see at www.training.citrix.com