Options

How to demonstrate self taught/lab experience on CV?

vtradervtrader Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
While I do not expect to get a job from my home experiments in linux admin, surely these is a way I can demostrate it on a CV to interest recruiters?

For example I've been playing around with centos 7, installing, configuring apache/mariadb/kvm, basic sys admin tasks as well as basic bash and python. Is there anyway to translate this on a CV/resume?

Comments

• Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    vtrader wrote: »
    While I do not expect to get a job from my home experiments in linux admin, surely these is a way I can demostrate it on a CV to interest recruiters?

For example I've been playing around with centos 7, installing, configuring apache/mariadb/kvm, basic sys admin tasks as well as basic bash and python. Is there anyway to translate this on a CV/resume?

You can blog and create some demonstrations of yourself actually doing the configs, and also examples of your code with projects...

I was able to get a favorable push in my last two positions because I had training videos talking about some of the things I have listed on my resume. Not every hiring manager or interviewer will care of course.. but my last two interviewers actually went and checked them out on my website and it helped me.