Options

Passed N10-005 This morning

orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed Network+ this morning. Thought I would share the resources I used to pass.

-CBT nuggets <My greatest study resource. extremely long..but very informative>

-CompTIA Certmaster <Great info, highly recommend>

I went through all the CBT nugget videos and took notes. After the videos I went through all the Certmaster modules which helped to clarify and retain the concepts. I also used Professor Messer's study guide (10 bucks) to look over on the way to the testing center this morning.

Good luck everyone,

-Travis
  • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
  • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
  • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
  • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd

Comments

• Options
    dynamitexvxdynamitexvx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I hope to be right behind you in a week or so
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on passing the Network+, i did this recently as well :D
  • Options
    Well belated congratulations to you H3||scr3am as well!!
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Options
    romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!! whats next
  • Options
    Iggy StoogeIggy Stooge Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work, man. I'm taking mine in 4 or 5 weeks. Congrats!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What if anything surprised you the most? Like you were completely lost about on the exam?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    What if anything surprised you the most? Like you were completely lost about on the exam?

The simulation questions!...got like 3 of them...pretty sure i got them wrong..good news is they apparently aren't needed to pass? I'm not the strongest at sub-netting..and that's what these were all about...statically configured machines that can't communicate and the command line (sounds easy when I type it..but it wasn't a cakewalk)
  • Options
    marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man! I am planning on taking mine this weekend. I have read the CompTia Exam Cram and took notes. I watched Professer Messer's videos. Watched a couple of other videos to help clarify subnetting. I am currently taking practice tests now. I am getting about 90-95% but all of the practice tests are multiple choice with no simulations. Do you know of any sources where I can get used to the simulations? I am really nervous about the sims.
  • Options
    I just wanted to throw it out there for anyone who might stumble across this thread, Network+and Security+ have a fair amount of overlap. I can certainly see how doing Security+ right after Net+ is in the best interest of the test taker. I just started Security+ CBT nuggets...and everything in the 1st nugget are things I just learned/studied for in Net+. Just wanted to provide some food for though.

Good Luck,

-Travis
  • Options
    Congrats Man! I am planning on taking mine this weekend. I have read the CompTia Exam Cram and took notes. I watched Professer Messer's videos. Watched a couple of other videos to help clarify subnetting. I am currently taking practice tests now. I am getting about 90-95% but all of the practice tests are multiple choice with no simulations. Do you know of any sources where I can get used to the simulations? I am really nervous about the sims.

To be honest, I do not. I didn't take any practice tests before sitting for the exam. Also, I didn't incorporate any labs or simulations into my study resources either.

-Travis
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    orlandofl wrote: »
    To be honest, I do not. I didn't take any practice tests before sitting for the exam. Also, I didn't incorporate any labs or simulations into my study resources either.

-Travis

Oh ok. Thanks anyways. So you felt prepared just reading the books and watching the videos? There's really nothing that I find difficult so far. It's just memorizing everything. I am just afraid that I'll run into a simulation and it'll be something that I am not prepared for. I am not the greatest test taker but I am studying hard
  • Options
    Oh ok. Thanks anyways. So you felt prepared just reading the books and watching the videos? There's really nothing that I find difficult so far. It's just memorizing everything. I am just afraid that I'll run into a simulation and it'll be something that I am not prepared for. I am not the greatest test taker but I am studying hard

Didn't read any books either. Just the CBT nuggets and the Certmaster prep. Memorizing what things stand for, learning how things work (DHCP, DNS) and committing well-known ports to memory is a huge step in the right direction. Also, though it's obvious, remember to know the OSI model layers (switches layer 2=MAC, routers layer 3=IP) and how they map to the TCP/IP Stack. It took me 3 weeks from start to finish to study for this exam. While I've had some networking experience gained from telecommunications and touched on networking principles in a Windows Server boot-camp, I honestly didn't have a ton of experience. This thing is certainly doable! I started studying for Security+ today and plan on sitting for it in 4 weeks.

Good luck,
    -Travis
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+. Now you can take down Security+. :)
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    benjiewbbenjiewb Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2016 Goals: Security+
    Currently Working On: Security+, Reading Darril Gibson Security+: Get Certified, Get Ahead