Options

Advancing Career

KnightStrikerKnightStriker Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I worked so far in desktop support for a little over 6 months after I graduated college with a Bachelor's in Computer Science. I was wondering what are some good IT exams to take to further my career to maybe networking and system administration. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE!

For systems administration you may look into either the Microsoft or Linux routes. But if you really enjoy routes perhaps Cisco will be more to your liking. Spend some time reading and exploring to find what peaks your interest.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which one do you want to go with? Networking or systems? I'd decide on that first. Depending on your technical skill, you could start out with some MTA's or CompTIA exams to start with. After that, I'd start studying for my CCENT/CCNA if I wanted to do networking or MCSA for systems.
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As Mark stated, try and figure out what you enjoy doing or peaks your interest. After you figure that out, then you know which way to go. There are plenty of good people on those boards to answer any questions you have. GL!
  • Options
    KnightStrikerKnightStriker Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the comments.