Crazy website display issue

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
Hey all.

I'm having the strangest display issue on this computer. It is one PC, where one website will not display properly. It will not display properly in IE or FF, to the best of my knowledge the site doesn't require any special add-ons or technology (Flash, java, ect), but the latest versions of those is installed and enabled anyway. No other sites are affected TMK, no idea if the issue occurs on other profiles. Thoughts? (OS is W7)

Comments

  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Umm...what is the site (if not internal)?
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you tried it on more than one PC? If there isn't anything confidential on the website a screenshot on the non-working PC and a screenshot on the working PC might be helpful.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    Sorry, the site is reddit.com. I will see if I can get a snapshot later.
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Right click view source post the source and post your os, browser, and any extensions you have disabled. Is this on a LAN where URI's are blocked?
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you tried resetting to default? Control panel > Internet options > Advanced tab > reset
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Javascript turned on? Are you receiving the CSS files? Try F12 > Network to see what you are getting and F12 > Console to see if there's some error messages there.

    It almost sounds like a proxy is blocking some of the content. Perhaps portions are delivered over a CDN that machine is somehow blocked from using?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    Only thing i'm seeing at home is a 304 not modified response for google-analystics.com/ga.js

    JS is enabled to my knowledge. no proxy. Seeing nothing at all on the console tab.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Guessing no other PCs in that environment are running into this issue?

    I know you mentioned it but I'd create an admin profile real quick if you don't have a network login and switch profiles. What if you add an exception to the Java console or to IE Trusted Sites? Can you access just the logo at http://www.exploit-db.com/wp-content/themes/exploit/images/exdb_logo2.png ?

    When did this start? Any new security or A/V installs?
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cookies?
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    markulous wrote: »
    Guessing no other PCs in that environment are running into this issue?

    I know you mentioned it but I'd create an admin profile real quick if you don't have a network login and switch profiles. What if you add an exception to the Java console or to IE Trusted Sites? Can you access just the logo at http://www.exploit-db.com/wp-content/themes/exploit/images/exdb_logo2.png ?

    When did this start? Any new security or A/V installs?

    Just to clear things up. The Exploit DB issue is at home, no corporate issues at all to deal with. Not sure when it started, as I don't go there as often as I should. Only recent change is windows updates, java and flash updates. I did enable java to always activate and didn't see a change, though I note that FF has disabled Java Deployment toolkit.

    Flash latest version 296 is installed, active x and plugin. Running ie11, and as noted, the site DOES work in IE. EDIT: I can load the site on another profile on the PC. In addition, I noted the other day that if I search for and go to the page for an exploit, the site appears normal.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's interesting it will work fine if you go from a search page. Is the URL any different? Seems almost like a caching issue. Have you tried Ccleaner?

    If it works on another profile I'd probably just delete the profile and create a fresh one if Ccleaner doesn't fix it. Seems to be the easiest and most straight forward fix. I would say a system restore but you aren't sure of a time frame and you seemed to have narrowed it down to the profile anyway.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd try clearing cache in the web browser first.

    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    I had cleared the cache. One thing I noticed, when I jumped on another PC and did the f12 network reload, a lot more files were requested than just the two that were requested on the PC that wasn't showing the page.
Sign In or Register to comment.