Options

Taking the Nework+ Tomorrow

tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
Looking for any last minute advice. I got the ports and layers down. As for the T568-A cable coloring I wanted to share my way of remembering it. I think the pattern is White, not, White, not, White...and I use the saying " Go Bob." Idk if that will help anyone but it seems to help me. Then for cross over I just have to swap the Orange and Green.
2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+

Comments

• Options
    benjiewbbenjiewb Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm studying for this myself, hopefully I'll be taking it soon as well.
    2016 Goals: Security+
    Currently Working On: Security+, Reading Darril Gibson Security+: Get Certified, Get Ahead
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck, also don't focus too much on the cable colours in the standards. Make sure you know about subnetting, common ports, cable types and the connectors they use, network layouts, and wireless access points, non overlapping channels, and how to secure wireless.
  • Options
    Leaving now to take it, thanks everyone.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    again, Best of luck, let us know how it goes :D
  • Options
    794/900. Passed!

Going to start studying for the CCNA next.
  • Options
    marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    794/900. Passed!

Going to start studying for the CCNA next.

Congrats! Mind sharing what you did to prepare? I am taking it next Monday and I am really nervous. What were your thoughts on the exam?
  • Options
    I want to take the CCNA instead of Security+ so that way whenever I do take the Security+, it will renew my A+ and Network+--like a year later from now. Is that how it works?
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    marcj04marcj04 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to take the CCNA instead of Security+ so that way whenever I do take the Security+, it will renew my A+ and Network+--like a year later from now. Is that how it works?

Well when you have a CCNA, is there really any point in renewing the Network+ and A+? I am pretty sure the CCNA trumps the Network+ so employers won't even care whether you have the A+ and Network+ or not.
  • Options
    I always thought the more certs on your resume, the better. But I guess I just need to keep getting higher end certs. Thanks.
  • Options
    Microsoft says that the 70-680 and 70-685 have free re-takes up until May. I wonder if I should quickly study for them, I know Professor Messer has videos for the first part.

I am not too sure of how Microsoft certs work and if it is worth going for them.
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCENT/CCNA will renew your Network+

Having the A+, Network+ and the Security+ is always a good idea because government jobs and some companies wont consider you if you dont have it. The good thing is that they can be renewed with other certs.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    marcj04 wrote: »
    Congrats! Mind sharing what you did to prepare? I am taking it next Monday and I am really nervous. What were your thoughts on the exam?

Sorry I did not see this question. I watched all of Professor Messer Videos, read a little of Mike Myers Book, and also watched a few CBT nuggets videos. After that I just made flash cards online for all the well-known ports. Also know your layers.

Advice would be to know the wireless/wired security questions.