680/685 Prep

Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Evening TE,

Background: Had no intention of taking the 680 or 685, but work paid to put us through a bootcamp, and 2 vouchers later here we are. I am a managerial type and have some, but limited, knowledge of Windows 7 t-shooting. I can perform some maintenance (user accounts creation/lock/unlock, permissions, add/delete groups, basic stuff) but it is done via Directory Resources Administrator, a Net IQ product, not Active Directory.

Resources Available: Lab environment courtesy of the class, the official course textbooks 6292-6293, and Transcender material.
Questions: How good is the official set of books, and has anyone utilized Transcender for these exams? Also, my hurry is I would like to take both prior to May 31 2015 due to the fact that Microsoft is offering anyone who tests prior to this time a free second shot...something I think I may need after doing my homework on this board. Is this schedule feasible with the stuff on hand?

As always,

Thanks for the advice TE!

-Lefty

Comments

• bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both tests require hands on with Windows 7 and some Server 2008. By the way these tests are no push over. They are going to require your upmost attention to the topics for each. If you have access to Labs, then use them and know the steps to get X thing done inside and out. The reading material I have used for both exams are lacking big time. I would suggested looking into CBT Nuggets or TrainSingnal video series to help supplement your understanding of the topics better. May 31 is do able, but will require some time to tackle each exam.

Hope this helped?
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bub9001 wrote: »
    Both tests require hands on with Windows 7 and some Server 2008. By the way these tests are no push over. They are going to require your upmost attention to the topics for each. If you have access to Labs, then use them and know the steps to get X thing done inside and out. The reading material I have used for both exams are lacking big time. I would suggested looking into CBT Nuggets or TrainSingnal video series to help supplement your understanding of the topics better. May 31 is do able, but will require some time to tackle each exam.

Hope this helped?
    I've noticed I can't seem to find the Train Signal/Plural sight 70-685 videos anywhere! Any idea how I can get my hands on them?