CRISC June 2015

2»

Comments

• eamieami Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    buhusky wrote: »
    Results are in, got my email a few minutes ago

yay, PASSED :) Thanks God!
  • jaayw1jaayw1 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking to take the CRISC in December - Anyone willing to sell their study materials, who has already taken the exam in June?
  • chandrasekariyerchandrasekariyer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here...Looking for some study materials and notes that i can buy..
  • kracken1kracken1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, looking for the same. If anyone has any to sell please contact me. Thanks.
  • FaizaKhawarFaizaKhawar Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys!
    I am gonna appear for the CRISC this June!
    and its freaking me out, I have no resources, my local chapter isnt responding and also I'm confused like HELL!!! :O
    Anybody with suggestions and resources, please help me out here!
    Would be obliged
    Thanks
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend the CRISC Q&A Database (https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Product_code=XMXCR14-12M)

I used the ISACA Q&A Database for CISA and like it as a resource to understand the question format and the detailed answer explanations to reinforce the learning.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
    Thanks but that I just checked is too expensive. Aren't there any other resources that are comparatively cheaper than ISACA's own resources for prep :/
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    To be honest, IMO, ISACA materials are really the best (and maybe only for some people) way to go for their exams. A lot of studying for them isn't just factual based but getting a "feel" for their questions, and material made by someone else doesn't quite qualify for that. Try to make the cost work!!!
    Yea I guess your right!
    I should put up all the money for that then. How about the manual the the Question and answer kit. Would these two be enough?
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To be honest, IMO, ISACA materials are really the best (and maybe only for some people) way to go for their exams. A lot of studying for them isn't just factual based but getting a "feel" for their questions, and material made by someone else doesn't quite qualify for that. Try to make the cost work!!!

Definitely agree! I just passed in December 2015, I used all 3 books and the question DB and the IT Risk Framework, plus I had almost 4 years of current Risk Management experience.

I thought the exam was very straight forward and easy was done in a little under an hour and half
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    Yea I guess your right!
    I should put up all the money for that then. How about the manual the the Question and answer kit. Would these two be enough?

if you are only getting two of the 4, get the manual and the online db, and you can download the IT Risk Framework from ISACA for free
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello jcundiff,

Quick question: How many pages does the CRISC book contain? It looks thinner than the CISA book. Does it contain enough information to be able to answer the online db?

Thanks!
    AnthonX
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    anthonx wrote: »
    Hello jcundiff,

Quick question: How many pages does the CRISC book contain? It looks thinner than the CISA book. Does it contain enough information to be able to answer the online db?

Thanks!

I used the CISA for Dummy's book, so I can't compare it to the official CISA, but I can (roughly) compare it to some others.

2014 CGEIT - 182
    2013 CRISC - 426
    2015 CISM - 274

On a side note, I have the CRISC book open right now as I lead our CISO through the creation of a risk register (or two). I find it more helpful in day-to-day activities than the rest.
  • User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much did that run you?
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
    anthonx wrote: »
    Hello jcundiff,

Thanks!

2015 objectives was shortened significantly from the 2013... the 2015 Manual is only 150 pages. How much you can answer in the question DB with the manual, the majority of it and the DB is designed as a study tool as well providing details on why the wrong answers are wrong and the right answers are right. Definitely use the db, on budget I would suggest a minimum of the manual, the DB, and a copy of the IT Risk Framework (free download from ISACA)