Options

need help with virtual lab

jmanrtajmanrta Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am in school for my MCSE/CCNA and I have a virtual lab setup in vmware workstation 10 to supplement my studies and practice at home.I am having a couple issues. First one is I have file shares setup on the Windows Server 2008 R2 guest machine and shares setup on the host which is a windows 7 home premium machine. I am able to access shares on the guest OS from the host OS however I cannot access the shares on the host OS from the guest OS.Windows firewall is turned off on the host and I have the network setup as a "Work Network"

The other issue I am having is I want to setup remote desktop and terminal services and be able to access it anywhere, I have remote desktop running on the guest OS server running 2008 and am able to connect from the host to the guest, however I cannot access the guest from the outside, I have port forwarding setup on the modem for TCP port 3389 to point to the IP of the VM.

This is driving me nuts if anyone has any ideas and is willing to help that would be great. Thanks in advance.