Made 678 on the 70-680 (1st try)

BiggBakeBiggBake Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I thought I would make at least in the 700's, but it wasn't so. My printout shows that my performance was the weakest in 1.3 Migrating User Status - Had several USMT questions. 2.1 Capture a System Image - Thought I was good in this area 3.1 Configuring Devices - Thought I was good on drivers I used the Sybex Study Guide and Transcender to prepare. Funny thing is I was making mid-90's on ALL of the Transcender tests. My question to you all is should I just study those three areas? Thanks for any input.

Comments

  • BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BiggBake wrote: »
    Well I thought I would make at least in the 700's, but it wasn't so. My printout shows that my performance was the weakest in 1.3 Migrating User Status - Had several USMT questions. 2.1 Capture a System Image - Thought I was good in this area 3.1 Configuring Devices - Thought I was good on drivers I used the Sybex Study Guide and Transcender to prepare. Funny thing is I was making mid-90's on ALL of the Transcender tests. My question to you all is should I just study those three areas? Thanks for any input.

    I failed at about the same too first time around..

    2nd time,

    I got by on Professor Messer and CBT Nuggets with the 70-680. Prof Messer's Reference sheet is good value too. Also, Practice Quiz: Free Exam Prep, Review and Practice Tests

    I found that really useful for keeping things fresh in my memory. Actually quite useful for a freebie! They will email you questions daily too :)
  • prdemonprdemon Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed this test today also. It was the most frustrating test I've ever taken and wont be taking it again.
    Back to Cisco where things make sense
  • BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    prdemon wrote: »
    I failed this test today also. It was the most frustrating test I've ever taken and wont be taking it again.
    Back to Cisco where things make sense

    Well, you have a 2nd shot at the moment- so you can re-take it for free if you feel up to it.

    Microsoft seem to have a knack of trying to baffle you with scenarios and the leave the question hiding in there somewhere.
  • BiggBakeBiggBake Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info Buckles! I take my free shot on the 16th. It will be CBT and Professor Messer this weekend!
  • BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BiggBake wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Buckles! I take my free shot on the 16th. It will be CBT and Professor Messer this weekend!

    No worries. Good luck! I'm taking mine on the 3rd (70-685). May I recommend you buy Prof Messer's Summary sheet. Great for summarising and reviewing on the fly.

    Cheers

    CB
Sign In or Register to comment.