Options

Juniper Track

MurphMurph Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm in the middle of my CCNP studies at the moment. I then plan on jumping over to the Juniper track to begin JNCIA, I'm starting a new position in a few weeks in a Data centre where they mostly use Juniper equipment , my employer has told me that i will be expected to get certified in this area, that's no problem!. My networking knowledge is pretty good, I'm just wondering how people found the transition from Cisco IOS to Juno OS?

My plan, I going to go over the Fast track material and Use CBT Nuggets (Scott Morris).

Would this be enough or would I need to supplement these with a book? any recommendations.

M.
2013 CCENT[x] 2014 CCNA[x] 2015 CCNP[ ]

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi M,
    I use Juniper routers. At first it was like learning a second language, but after a while it got much easier. I got by making **** sheets of favorite commands by scenario. Now i love Junipers OS. I find it more elegant and straightforward. Cisco will always be dominant but Juniper is a treat to use. Some of my favorite commands:

show chassis alarms
    show system alarms
    show chassis craft-interface
    show log messages
    show chassis routing-engine
    show chassis hardware
    show chassis environment

I hope this helps and good luck! I plan on taking JNCIA soon aswell.

~
    N
  • Options
    Node Man wrote: »
    Hi M,
    I use Juniper routers. At first it was like learning a second language, but after a while it got much easier. I got by making **** sheets of favorite commands by scenario. Now i love Junipers OS. I find it more elegant and straightforward. Cisco will always be dominant but Juniper is a treat to use. Some of my favorite commands:

show chassis alarms
    show system alarms
    show chassis craft-interface
    show log messages
    show chassis routing-engine
    show chassis hardware
    show chassis environment

I hope this helps and good luck! I plan on taking JNCIA soon aswell.

~
    N

Hi,

Thanks for the Input, That's a good Idea about a **** sheet for commands, I'll go ahead and do that!.

Best of luck with JNCIA.

M.
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can't go wrong having JunOS skills under your belt. You'll **** cisco icon_wink.gif
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Juniper fast track material is pretty solid. 2 PDFs that go over the JNCIA, JNCIS-SEC/SP/ENT exams. Pass their practice test and get 50% off the exam. Best part; its FREE. Can be found here:

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx

There are also some decent "day 1" books out there. One that comes to mind is Junos for IOS engineers. Oh and its also FREE.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-One-Junos-Engineers-Fundamentals-ebook/dp/B0093OPGR6
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    snadam wrote: »
    The Juniper fast track material is pretty solid. 2 PDFs that go over the JNCIA, JNCIS-SEC/SP/ENT exams. Pass their practice test and get 50% off the exam. Best part; its FREE. Can be found here:

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx

There are also some decent "day 1" books out there. One that comes to mind is Junos for IOS engineers. Oh and its also FREE.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-One-Junos-Engineers-Fundamentals-ebook/dp/B0093OPGR6

Hey Snadam,

Thanks for the Info, Just downloaded the Book:)
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love the Juniper OS but my job doesnt have any juniper stuff, so i am pursuing more cisco oriented stuff, i will definitely try and go further than my JNCIA if i get the chance as it expires this year.