Options

Doc-CD Tips, tricks, howtos, guides, etc.

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
It should come as no surprise to anyone that I have not yet been able to figure out how to properly navigate the Doc-CD. Every attempt at trying to force myself to use it ends in frustration.

So I'm starting this thread, in which hopefully our wiser and well-versed members will share any useful information they have regarding usage of that infernal site; from how they learned to get proficient at it, to tips or useful tidbits of information.
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    I suppose I'll start off myself with a very minor one:

The PIM section is broken for the 15M&T area. You can reach it from one of the other releases, but you can also correct the broken link, which might be faster.

When you get the 404 page, look at the URL; where it has "/15-mt/" near the center, just remove that part (leave one of the /'s of course), and it will work.

• Options
    Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have R&S workbooks for both INE and IPexpert. I know there is a 28 min video on navigating the Doc-CD on IPexpert. I have not watched it, but 28 mins means there is a strategy.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    There is also a video for INE. Check the INE one, it is way better.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    There is also a video for INE. Check the INE one, it is way better.

This!

I think it's like an hour long too.
  • Options
    Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would only use the Doc-CD for IP services and system management. If you have to use the Doc-CD for any core protocols then you will be in trouble with time management. I was told CTRL+F will work, but there will not be a search box in the top right corner.

Select Your Product or Technology - Product/Technology Support - Cisco Systems

Products --> IOS & NX-OS Software --> IOS --> IOS Software Release 15M&T --> IOS 15.3M&T --> Configuration Guides

Cisco IOS 15.3M&T - Configuration Guides - Cisco
  • Options
    Note though that you'll have to dip into other releases for some sections. 15.3M&T doesn't have a link to the master index (which I have recently found and makes things SO MUCH EASIER). I think I even had to go back to the 12.4's for something, but what it was escapes me at the moment (I think dialer technologies)