Options

CISSP Endorsement

124»

Comments

• Options
    justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Doing the math, I hope to hear back in late June, and maybe receive the paper cert in early July. I passed the exam on April 14. My endorser mailed the paperwork on April 20, but it came back due to insufficient postage. So it had to be mailed a second time. I received ISC2 email confirmation that the paperwork had been received, along with an estimated time of 8 weeks to complete their review.

While waiting, I am reviewing the current SANS 542 Web App PenTest materials received for my recertification. Then, I plan on working on Python scripting skills. If I stay busy, it's not as a painful a wait.
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    roboace wrote: »
    So About 6/7 weeks to get officially endorsed, and 2 more weeks to receive the cert? Long wait ...

It's 6 to 8 weeks to get the paper cert. Tomorrow I hit 6 weeks, and I have yet to receive it. I'm hoping it comes in this week though.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    March 28: passed exam
    March 30: submitted endorsement materials
    March 31: ISC2 sent confirmation email that materials have been rcvd
    May 8: certified
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mjsinhsv wrote: »
    Received the welcome kit in the mail today. Very nice parchment.
    Included the wallet card. Does anybody actually carry those around?

Timeline:
    Passed test Dec. 9
    Submitted endorsement Jan 8.
    Received official endorsement email Feb 12.
    Received paper cert March 27.

Was nice to finally receive the paper but to some degree , it was also a bit of a let down.
    Didn't feel the sense of accomplishment I felt the day I passed the test.

Time to set another goal I suppose.

Carrying the card around does end the very occasional dispute at trade shows or convention. Rarely but it does help in those situations. Kinda like carrying a "unit coin" or SANS coin. It may end up buying you a drink, if your familiar with the game.

- b/eads