Options

Passed CEH

Neo322Neo322 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Score was a 99, tested today.

Study started with Skillport CEH CBT which is official Ec Council. Then I reviewed the official courseware which pairs with the CBT nicely. Going into this weekend I still didn't feel like I was in the 90% range for passing. So I crammed the Matt Walker and Sybex. I don't like doing practice test because I memorize things easily. This was overkill.

Review of test
It was too easy, I missed one question. I am not a rockstar with Kali, metasplot, nmap nor wireshark. My test was more concept, it didn't feel like it was tool heavy.

My certifications CISSP-ISSMP, HCISPP, CRISC, CHFI

ECSA is my next class and certification, work is paying. I will dig into OSCP after ECSA around April

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I have been selected for audit...
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Neo322 wrote: »
    I have been selected for audit...
    It looks like you're not the only one as I saw other posts about people being audited.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing, sorry you're being audited. I'm sure you'll pass the CRA
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Congrats on the pass! Question for you guys: what does it mean you have been selected for Audit? I have to complete CEH for my school. How long did you study for it? Sorry ...sleep deprived if i missed any info.
    V/R,
    GN
  • Options
    I started studying in October 14, finished studying in parking lot of test center on Feb 2nd. I over studied... hope it helps for CRA.

CRA is a 30 question in 60 minutes validation that you know CEH material. I haven't found anything solid about the test. Google points to test **** site with post from '13 and everyone saying its impossible to pass.

All I got to say is, "challenge accepted."
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you got 99% then you should ace it. I don't see the point in them making the test impossible to pass.
  • Options
    wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    99% is a mad crazy score Neo. I felt pretty bad about myself when I saw you got that, since I'm struggling and have zero confidence with this exam for some reason. Then I noticed you have some heavy hitting exams behind you so perhaps you got a favorable test (some people get these) and hence the result. Whatever the situation is, these CRAs are supposed to be random, but I'm sensing it's automatic if you get a superb score.

You'll probably smash the CRA..
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Am I the only one who purposely misses questions and avoids finishing the test to quick in order too avoid triggering these kind of the controls?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Silly question but what is the difference betweeb CEH and CEHv8. Only reason I'm asking is because i see threads with both. Are they the same or are they different?
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long after you passed the exam was it till you were notified you were going to be audited?

I just passed on Friday, but only got a 86%...so I'm hoping it was low enough to not be audited.

Yes I know the material, but I really don't feel like getting all nervous and worked up again to pass another test right now.
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This audit stuff just seems like another way for them to scam money out of everyone. I mean, two tries and all the work, money, etc that you put in is gone? For those that have work paying for it, not really a big deal, but those like me who are saving, paying, and doing everything themselves it just seems cruel. Especially with all the hassle I had to go through to submit get my application approved just to take the test without doing a bootcamp (which is expensive as hell and "another" way of them scamming our money). I test at the end of feb and all I gotta say is, I better not get audited.
  • Options
    ECSA is confirmed for March. I am trying to take the CRA week before. I haven't got a response from anyone. So I called today, I had to forward the email to someone else. We will see...I am ok with the audit but at least be responsive.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have to pay for the CRA?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    CRA is no fee.

My email was a glitch, I am a CEH.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Welcome to the wide wacky world of EC-Council.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I got an 88 on purpose just so I wouldn't get audited, I knew the answers because I overstudied, but I know I made myself purposely miss atleast 3 questions. I had other ish to prepare for, no time for retakes and audits.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If they audit you and you pass the audit they should give you a voucher for a free exam lol
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    AyGitciKAyGitciK Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Could you tell me please what do you use for exam preparation. I've ended the training and prepare with 'Skillsoft' tools (last update jan 2014). Do you have any advise ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    AyGitciKAyGitciK Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    I got an 88 ... I overstudied
    Hi,

Which tools (**** ?) you used for studying except training one ? Advise ?

Thanks.