Options

Passed Network+

noswaithnoswaith Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have seen others post what they found useful in studying for this test and thought I would return the favor.

1. Certmaster - Expensive, yes, but if you want to learn a lot of information fast it is great. Their "Brain game" learning worked for me. I am a slow reader, but overcame that with this program.

2. Mike Meyers Certification Passport ... a very good book and his Total Tester question bank.

3. Exam Cram by Dulaney & Harwood ... another very good book with two full practice exams.

4. Professor Messer Network+ Videos ... Outstanding!

5. Flash cards I built with Anki for spaced repetition learning.

Once I got to the point when I was scoring in the 90s on the first three I took the test and passed with an 802. I had no previous IT experience.

I also bought GTSLearning for Network+. I figured if Professor Messer was involved, it has to be a good product. Not so much.

I could never pass the simulated test on GTSLearning, even after passing Network+! So, it was not a good indicator for my test readiness. Save your money on that one.

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for posting what you used to study. I like it when the forum members do this, gives you ideas on what might be a good study tool.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on your Network+ :D