Options

801 passed!

shocktattooershocktattooer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took my 801 yesterday, passed no prob.
My advice for those prepping, study the Mike Meyers A+ book, supplement with Prof. Messer youtube vids. When you take the exam read the questions and answers twice, after that, read em again. If you get stuck just think it through logically and eliminate answers one by one. If you have a good understanding of the how and whys a pc operates you should have no problems, if you're at a loss, flag the question and move on, you can go back to it later. If you have no experience with PC's find an old system, plenty of people have old desktops sitting around collecting dust and you can probably pick em up for free..tear em apart and see what makes em tick.

The test isnt too bad, dont psych yourself out.

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on completing the 801, when do you plan to do your 802?
  • Options
    probably in a few weeks..I've used everything from win 3.1-win 8.1, its just a matter of studying each OS and the subtle differences
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, don't forget to understand mobile phones too... Ios/Android type interfaces.
  • Options
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the 801 exam. Good luck on the 802. I too recently passed the 801 exam with a score of 737 out of 900. I plan on taking the 802 exam later this month. The study material I'm currently using is the ExamCram 6th Edition and Mike Meyers 8th Edition books. Theses two books are very good. So far so good.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Passed my 802 yesterday, scored an 863...I did much better then I expected. anyway, A+ certified now, on to network +, Sec+ and LPIC-1
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed my 802 yesterday, scored an 863...I did much better then I expected. anyway, A+ certified now, on to network +, Sec+ and LPIC-1

Congrats on the pass. I take my 802 this coming Friday. Any advice on the 802 for me to know before taking it? Please let me know. Thanks. Again, congrats on becoming CompTIA A+ certified. :D
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Thanks, IDK what I can offer as far as advice aside from just printing out the objectives and going down the list, making sure you're familiar with each thing on the list