Options

Mobile Device Question on CEH Exam?

mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey new here, found the forum after Googling for some answers about the C|EH exam.

I know in the official EC-Council Course outline there is a section titled "Hacking Mobile Platforms," And I watched all of the terribly dry courseware videos on it. However I haven't seen any questions about mobile devices in any of the practice tests I've done, or in the Matt Walker AIO book (so much better than the official courseware).

I'm just curious, for those of you who have taken the exam, what if any kind of mobile questions did you see?

Comments

• Options
    Well I sit for the exam tomorrow morning. I guess I will report back here if anything throws me for a loop on the exam regarding mobile devices.
  • Options
    ericschlericschl Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Had my CEHv8 last Monday (9 Feb), I had no questions on mobile devices,however you could get one about the fact that ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography) is better for mobile device usage because of its limited resource footprint
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I heard from another guy that he had 1 question related to Blackberry - BBproxy.

I'm just surprised there aren't more questions about the subject, I thought "minimizing mobile attack vectors" was supposed to be one of the major changes to CEHv8.
  • Options
    Passed my exam today!!! Glad to be done with that.

In case someone stumbles across this thread doing a search at a later date. I did not see any particular questions regarding specific mobile OS platforms (ios, android, blackberry, windows phone). Closest thing to mobile I had were a couple questions on standards of Bluetooth.
  • Options
    mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□