Options

34" ultrawide monitor, anyone?

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
I am building myself a super nice and shiny home office in the basement and am thinking ahead of my new display setup. I've been seeing some nice 34" ultrawide monitors such as the LG 34UC97 or LG 34UM65. I currently have two 23" and am wondering if I'll be missing anything by going with a single 34". My main need for two monitors was the added real estate. I don't plan to switch sources or anything as I'll have my current monitors in the same office in a mini lab area.

Is anyone currently rocking an ultrawide setup and can provide some feedback?

Comments

• Options
    mayhem87mayhem87 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    looking into one myself might also want to check out dells offering.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use two 23's myself. If your looking to really spoil yourself, check out this monitor
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Absolute garbage. Has no RCA inputs for my VCR.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Funny. That was the deal breaker for me as well.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Just what I need to hook up to my lab computer, and IMAX theater screen!

icon_thumright.gif
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was about to get the LG superwide from Microcenter until I saw the 999.99 dollar price tag. I'm still rocking my 27 inch Samsungs.
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    If you don't mind spending 2k I've got two of these..

BENQ BL3201PH, 32" IPS LED 4k

Yes, these are complete overkill, but hey it's my hobby.

[h=1][/h]

Don't know if this helps. Ghetto photography skillz...

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was going to suggest a single 4K monitor, I run a Samsung UHD 28 and for $600 it's great :D also dual 4Ks is gonna need some serious graphics power to drive for any serious work. Likely fine for surfing the internet and doing word docs, but even watching 4K youtube/netflix videos gets demanding.
  • Options
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    I use two 23's myself. If your looking to really spoil yourself, check out this monitor

That is just out of control!
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

The reviews are hilarious!
    Very realistic image! I took an HD video of my garage door opening, then placed my new Samsung UN105S9 in front of my garage and pressed play as my wife was coming home. She drove straight through the TV! Ha Ha! I got her!
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    I was going to suggest a single 4K monitor, I run a Samsung UHD 28 and for $600 it's great :D also dual 4Ks is gonna need some serious graphics power to drive for any serious work. Likely fine for surfing the internet and doing word docs, but even watching 4K youtube/netflix videos gets demanding.

Ive got 3 r290's in crossfire.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I went with a 24" wide screen and still miss my dual screen setup. I have a VM lab running and would have my host on one doing normal daily tasks (emails, irc, forums, research,etc) and the second would be the lab machine (usually Kali). Having a single wide screen and working within windows just isn't the same as having two monitors.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Why not just get 2? That's the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    @ LSUDOOD

Beautiful!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job that monitor has free shipping. That could have been a deal breaker icon_eek.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I look at the wide monitors and just think of the graphic cards needed to power them for gaming. I had crossfire cards a couple of years ago but the heat and noise made me sell both of them and get just one good video card.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I too am looking at getting an ultra-wide monitor (or two) when I set up my office.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework