Options

Don't care that it isn't technical ....

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
... But my lovely wife gave birth to my first son (and first child) Benjamin, weighing in at 6lbs 15oz.

He took his first breath at 10:46am UK time on Februrary 5th.

There goes my VCP (or not VCIX) - for a while anyway ...
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!! get rady for the good times :)

Our little one is 4 now, and despite some lack of sleep in the early days its been the best 4 years of my life.

Wishing the 3 of you well and keep us updated :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations! What a joy! Be prepared for some sleepless nights, but well worth iticon_smile.gif
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new addition to your family. Raising children is hard work, but no better reward can be had.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the new addition. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The best certification of all - 'Certified Dad'! Congrats and great health to you, your wife and your new son, Benjamin!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Oh congratulations! This is pretty exciting despite the loss of sleeps in the coming months. I'll be joining the 'Certified Dad' club soon enough in April.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Now your real life begins!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I always saw it as the PERFECT reason to continue my career/studies.

Enjoy!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Get him programming asap!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    Man, that is great. Congrats. My first will be here in August! icon_cheers.gif
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
  • Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations....
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Welcome to the nights of restless sleep club icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EngRob wrote: »
    Congrats! Welcome to the nights of restless sleep club icon_cheers.gif
    Isn't that just the truth! But in the end so worth it! You barely get any sleep during the night, but when they wake up and they look up at you and smile. The slate is wiped clean!

Congrats jibbajabba!!!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats jibbajabba! And as others have said, welcome to the Certified Dads club!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club! It's an amazing feeling. You'll get the feeling that time is moving both really fast and really slow over the next while, just enjoy it all. We're 4.5 months in and while it's been tough, he's a great little kid and keeps us on our toes and entertained 24/7.

A couple of things we did:

Bought a few newspapers from the day he was born.
    I bought .com domain for his name. At the moment I have it's A record pointing towards tumblr. My wife and I will take photos/videos and upload them via the tumblr app which is really easy. We've given the URL to family so grandparents can see how he's doing even though they live quite close. When he's older and if anyway interested in tech, I'll give him access to the domain and just keep the photos on tumblr for ourselves.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    A couple of things we did:

Ugh! Why didn't I think to do that too! Great idea Kinet1c.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Ugh! Why didn't I think to do that too! Great idea Kinet1c.

You'll probably find you still can, call up the newspaper and ask for a back issue. I had to do it many years ago for another reason and while you pay slightly more, it's well worth having!
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll definitely do that.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. One of the most challenging and rewarding parts of life.
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! My two little ones are 6 and 9 already. Time flies. Have my 9 year old programming in VB already :)
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations and welcome to the club. My sons are three and one. Time is going by so fast.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats mate!! I am sure it must be a great feeling!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »

I bought .com domain for his name....

I did the newspaper thing but never thought about the domain. What a great idea!